Canadian spy coins explained (metal content)

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/05/07/canadian.coin.ap/index.html

Todd Rich wrote:

That's just funny, now.
When do they instutute IQ tests for the guys that screen the "intelligence" reports before they let the press run with them?
:-)))))
Cheers Trevor Jones
On Tue, 08 May 2007 12:50:34 GMT, Trevor Jones

========================Always remember this when someone starts pounding on your door and demanding to be let in because "we're from the government and we're here to help you," or are offering "free" investment advise. Unka' George [George McDuffee] ===========Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
Trevor Jones wrote:

Or start wars based on them...

Now it's the other way around.

Well Aparently Canadian Numismatic technology (The mint) is operating at a higher technology than US Counter-espoinage
Ouch
Contractors being befuddled, fine we all hire people who are too stupid to figure things out and too stupid to ask and get a solid explanation.
But the warning having gone out is hilarious
Brent Ottawa Canada
Brent wrote:

Yeah! But if a Canadian had told them that it was a direct result of some dipshit with an arts degree and too much time to think while on payroll, screwing around with the coin designs again, would they have accused the Canadian of a cover-up?
Don't remember where I read it but a saying along the lines of "when stupidity or malice could have caused something, beleive that it was stupidity unless there is clear evidence to the contrary", comes to mind.
Cheers Trevor Jones
On Tue, 8 May 2007 10:22:04 +0000 (UTC), the renowned Todd Rich

What were these US military "contractors" up to "travelling" in Canada that they felt they might be monitored, I wonder.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

    --Probably needed to justify the trip to get their prescription drugs for the cut rate price, heh.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Before the last "election"
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a fifty was a twenty...

Probably GDLS human resources people checking up on former GM employees with dual citizenship. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
I don't believe that story - it's a cover-up. We must go to war with Canada now!
Ed

You lookin to get the white house burned again? Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Actually if you could just evict the primary resident I'd be happy.
Ed

Two words: "President Cheney".
--
Regards,
On Thu, 10 May 2007 01:06:50 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) quickly quoth:

Scary thought...if you entirely overlook the fact that he's been moving the sock puppet for 6 years now...
- Metaphors Be With You -

On Fri, 11 May 2007 05:39:39 -0700, Larry Jaques
<snip>

<snip> Even scarier is the thought that things would have wound up the same with President Gore or President Kerry. It is not at all clear if we are electing leaders or just figureheads. I keep having this feeling that we are replaying Sarajevo, no matter who [if anyone] is in charge.
The historical parallels are striking between the occupation of Iraq and the occupation of Bosnia-Herzegovina under dubious authority, title or right, the desire of the inhabitants to be sovereign in their own country, and the support of these aspirations by other small neighboring countries, backed by big countries with large well trained and equipped armies and atomic/nuclear weapons.
Our so-called leaders and "heads of state/government" would do well to remember that the last words of several of the architects of WWI, uttered while standing before a firing squad of their countrymen was "but, all I wanted was a little war..."
The mid-east situation has deteriorated to the point where a general war can be triggered by a single bullet. The United States and the USSR managed to luck out at the last moment in the Cuban missile crisis, primarily because of the instinct for self-preservation, but this is not a consideration for large numbers of the combatants in the current conflict.
There are a number of justifiable reasons for going to war --- "by accident" is not one of them.
Unka' George [George McDuffee] ===========Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

I've been asking you guys up there to do that again for the past several administrations back to at least Kennedy, but will you guys do the slightest little favor for your southern neighbors? Noooooo!

President Cheney? (shudder) Evict him, President Pelosi? (shudder even more)

We seem to have a similar lack of "qualified" candidates up here and the result is that we tend to elect the least evil of the people willing to (or stupid enough to) let themselves be nominated. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

This time I'm writing in Cthulhu or Beelzebub: I'm tired of voting for lesser evils.
On Thu, 10 May 2007 17:20:10 -0400, the renowned Gerald Miller

The problem with that approach is that you still end up with evil and/or stupid leaders. Sometimes voters pick one that looks mean just in the hopes he'll be tougher on foreigners than the electorate (see, for example, Iran).
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany