Canadian spy coins explained (metal content)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- An odd-looking Canadian coin with a bright red flower
>was the culprit behind a U.S. Defense Department false espionage warning
>earlier this year about mysterious coin-like objects with radio frequency >transmitters.
Reply to
Todd Rich
That's just funny, now.
When do they instutute IQ tests for the guys that screen the "intelligence" reports before they let the press run with them?
:-)))))
Cheers Trevor Jones
Reply to
Trevor Jones
What were these US military "contractors" up to "travelling" in Canada that they felt they might be monitored, I wonder.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
========================= Always remember this when someone starts pounding on your door and demanding to be let in because "we're from the government and we're here to help you," or are offering "free" investment advise. Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
F. George McDuffee
--Probably needed to justify the trip to get their prescription drugs for the cut rate price, heh.
Reply to
steamer
Probably GDLS human resources people checking up on former GM employees with dual citizenship. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
Or start wars based on them...
Reply to
David R Brooks
Now it's the other way around.
Reply to
Maxwell Lol
I don't believe that story - it's a cover-up. We must go to war with Canada now!
Ed
Reply to
ed
You lookin to get the white house burned again? Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
Actually if you could just evict the primary resident I'd be happy.
Ed
Reply to
ed
Two words: "President Cheney".
Reply to
Doug Miller
I've been asking you guys up there to do that again for the past several administrations back to at least Kennedy, but will you guys do the slightest little favor for your southern neighbors? Noooooo!
President Cheney? (shudder) Evict him, President Pelosi? (shudder even more)
Reply to
John Husvar
We seem to have a similar lack of "qualified" candidates up here and the result is that we tend to elect the least evil of the people willing to (or stupid enough to) let themselves be nominated. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
This time I'm writing in Cthulhu or Beelzebub: I'm tired of voting for lesser evils.
Reply to
John Husvar
The problem with that approach is that you still end up with evil and/or stupid leaders. Sometimes voters pick one that looks mean just in the hopes he'll be tougher on foreigners than the electorate (see, for example, Iran).
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
You can have one of ours in a few weeks time, slightly second hand, but no more useless than when he was new (couldn't be).
Mark Rand (in the UK) RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
On Thu, 10 May 2007 01:06:50 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) quickly quoth:
Scary thought...if you entirely overlook the fact that he's been moving the sock puppet for 6 years now...
- Metaphors Be With You -
Reply to
Larry Jaques
On Thu, 10 May 2007 12:31:49 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, John Husvar quickly quoth:
3 wrongs DEFINITELY don't make a right.
- Metaphors Be With You -
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Well Aparently Canadian Numismatic technology (The mint) is operating at a higher technology than US Counter-espoinage
Ouch
Contractors being befuddled, fine we all hire people who are too stupid to figure things out and too stupid to ask and get a solid explanation.
But the warning having gone out is hilarious
Brent Ottawa Canada
Reply to
Brent