Canadian spy coins explained (metal content)

And the downside of that is that the "More" evil candidate is now our "Public Safety" Minister

Lets take the semi evil and harmless one and make him run a minority government where he has to rule by consensus or they toss him out

Lets give the ACTUAL evil one an army of public servants to carry out his nefarious plans

Anyone see the problem here?

Brent (With tongue firmly planted in cheek) Ottawa Canada

Reply to
Brent

The American Revolution and the British North America Act showed somewthing clearly.

We dont need to recycle we can cough up mediocre leaders here just as good as you can =)

Reply to
Brent

Yeah! But if a Canadian had told them that it was a direct result of some dipshit with an arts degree and too much time to think while on payroll, screwing around with the coin designs again, would they have accused the Canadian of a cover-up?

Don't remember where I read it but a saying along the lines of "when stupidity or malice could have caused something, beleive that it was stupidity unless there is clear evidence to the contrary", comes to mind.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Even scarier is the thought that things would have wound up the same with President Gore or President Kerry. It is not at all clear if we are electing leaders or just figureheads. I keep having this feeling that we are replaying Sarajevo, no matter who [if anyone] is in charge.

The historical parallels are striking between the occupation of Iraq and the occupation of Bosnia-Herzegovina under dubious authority, title or right, the desire of the inhabitants to be sovereign in their own country, and the support of these aspirations by other small neighboring countries, backed by big countries with large well trained and equipped armies and atomic/nuclear weapons.

Our so-called leaders and "heads of state/government" would do well to remember that the last words of several of the architects of WWI, uttered while standing before a firing squad of their countrymen was "but, all I wanted was a little war..."

The mid-east situation has deteriorated to the point where a general war can be triggered by a single bullet. The United States and the USSR managed to luck out at the last moment in the Cuban missile crisis, primarily because of the instinct for self-preservation, but this is not a consideration for large numbers of the combatants in the current conflict.

There are a number of justifiable reasons for going to war --- "by accident" is not one of them.

Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

F. George McDuffee

But three lefts do.

Reply to
Doug Miller

On Mon, 14 May 2007 01:00:03 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) quickly quoth:

Now THAT is certainly strange to hear coming from a Righty. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques