Cheneys hunting buddy has a heart attack

Yeah, that's interesting. I hadn't heard that one but my son is at the age (18) where I don't hear much from him about what's going on at school. He had his last personal college interview today and it was like pulling teeth to find out how it went.

That's true, but many people are left floundering even if they're trying to educate themselves. We're seeing the results of not having a canon, and no syllabus, and then trying to learn on one's own. Canons and syllabi are disparaged for being confining, and there's some truth to it. But the opposite is much worse. It's like being thrown into a maelstrom. We see it here, and all over the Internet, all the time.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Not IN his heart - on the outside. It was in the loose material near the muscle.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

wayne mak wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

There is something like keeping your opinion to your self. If it is found an opinion is damaging - just cause was shown.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Ed Huntress wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I don't know what that is supposed to mean, but if it means that someone is guilty of slander here, it's wrong.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Too bad you don't know shit my friend. a) it would be a libel suit, and b) cheney is a politician. In the US you can say whatever you want about politicians. It's basically 'open season' on them, to make a bad pun....

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Not that bad..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Too bad you didn't learn to read very well. Reread the above again. I excluded politicians.

Verb: slander

  1. Charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone

It was a bad pun.

Reply to
Tm

Slander = Spoken

Libel = written.

Remember the S goes with the S: SlanderSpoken

The original comments were WRITTEN therefore if a lawsuit resulted it would be a LIBEL suit, not slander.

A small technical point I know but I suggest you attend law school before pontificating.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Jim, I'm curious, and I'll bet your wife would know. Does usenet convert private individuals to public figures the way things like news interviews and such do?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Also, it is important to cite relevant legal definitions rather than dictionary entries.

Ignoramus9292

Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander, which is oral defamation

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Good point. I was afraid we were going to wind up arguing over Webster's dictionary for a legal understanding of slander.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I'm jealous - the boy's a junior and we're just starting the college selection and application ordeal. It's going to be a long year.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

I'll have to remember that one.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Oh, yeah, it's a very long year. This is the nail-biting time: he has nine applications in and two acceptances, but he won't hear from the rest of them until the end of March.

Try to have some fun with it and brace yourself for sticker shock.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Basically, Cheney made a horrible mistake, in that he shot a lawyer out of season.

Lawyer Season begins on "Law Day", May First. At that time, they are still plump, and have not yet started breeding.

Ever try to clean one of those things?

Reply to
Grunty Grogan

Id have thought the Lefties would have been overjoyed. After all..the victim was a Republican lawyer.....

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
Emmo

Well, DAMN! That makes him a RARE PROTECTED ENDANGERED SPECIES. That's why there is so much fuss.

Reply to
Grunty Grogan

Harry Whittington is apparently a pretty decent guy, with enlightened ideas:

That said, skeet high-houses are pockmarked w/ shotgun pellet imprints, even though the idea is to hit the pigeon while it's flying over the field. Accidents happen, and Mr. Whittington seems to be doing well. All of us who have ever fired a gun should remember "there but for the grace of [deity-of-your-choice] go I." Stand BEHIND the shooter....ALWAYS.

Reply to
duck_dog