Cheneys hunting buddy has a heart attack

This wasn't on state land and the end person has an option of the end.

Sometimes it is the best shot other times it is the lucky one or special one. Wider area of bird flight is possible that way.

Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Ed Huntress wrote:

Martin H. Eastburn

Huh? There are different safety practices for state land versus private land?

Where did they teach you that, Martin? Have you ever taught hunter safety? I have.

Look, this is all a go-around for nothing. I know what the hunter safety practices are, as responsible hunters developed them and as they were refined by the NRA over many decades. They're simple, they make sense, and they keep people from having more than an absolute minimum number of "accidents."

I also know that a substantial percentage of hunters don't follow them. They're the ones we called "slobs" when I was involved in hunter safety, in the DCM, and in the PAL, Boy Scout, and private-club hunting organizations when I was a teenager and into young adulthood.

A slob is a slob. Slobs are dangerous. Slobs stretch or break the rules of good safety practices. They're the ones that rack up the "accident" numbers in hunting.

Fortunately, they're on the decline. Hunting actually is getting safer. That's because a lot of people in NRA and elsewhere worked with the states to develop good hunter-safety practices, and to make sure young hunters pass tests on them before they go into the field.

As for Cheney, I'm withholding judgment on that whole deal, because I don't really know where that lawyer was. If the White House's PR spokesman is right, that the lawyer "didn't follow protocol," then it's one stinking protocol. The way he described it, somebody can get shot if ONE person makes a mistake. Good hunting practices should keep anyone from getting shot unless at least TWO people make mistakes.

Those guys at the White House, if they actually know what they're talking about (and they almost certainly have no clue; they were just parroting something they were told to say) have a bad attitude and a poor understanding of what hunting safety is about. Or, more likely, they were talking through their collective ass.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress