Chicago Pneumatic -- can I get one at Horror Freight?

I'd offer to mail you my 70% off coupon for those, but the coupon expired yesterday. I'm sorry.

Free shipping, too.

.

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message news:-O-dnXruC-IofeXSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@web-ster.com...

Stormin Mormon

I doubt that it is really 100HP.

Ignoramus10987

No, probably 20hp and 4,000 lb/ft of torque.

There was one like that at the Antique Steam Museum in Vista which shot smoke rings on every ignition cycle. That was cool.

-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud

Reply to
Larry Jaques

This one is quite a bit smaller & titled as 50 HP

Dennis

I can almost guarantee it is. That flywheel in motion generates a lot of torque. Plus most of the ones running on display are not running at full speed. Those of us that own them usually try to run them slower than they were intended to run. That engine is probably rated at a speed of 300-400 rpm, in the video it is turning about half that. That engine has a 17 1/4 inch bore and a 23 inch stroke. Running at rated rpm I would bet you get close to 1800-1900 pounds of torque.

Reply to
Steve W.

OK, got it. I knew that these old engines have a lot less HP per ton of weight than the new stuff.

Ignoramus14985