Crystal oscillator needed

Anyone know where I can get one of these crystals? (oscillator?)

Guess what I need it for?

Reply to
Steve Walker

Larry Naumann

Farnell in the UK

have a few:

Part no. 101-412:

Part no. 424-6044:
Part no. 329-8504:
All of these are fairly costly (£10 upwards), but I usually find that Farnell's prices are reasonable for individual components. Farnell have an international site at
so you can probably order it from there. You might want to check the specifications online to find the least accurate one :-).

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Any random pile of electronic junk - bring your soldering iron. Or digi-key, or mouser, bring your credit card. Not so rare, really. Saw one in my junk pile a few hours ago.

Expect the effect claimed in the link you posted? You're dreaming. You might also want to look into the size of the fine if it did happen to work just a bit...

Reply to
Ecnerwal

Steve Walker wrote in news:qKxbe.13212 $Nc.10851@trnddc08:

H.C. Minh

A sufficiently strong signal can "block" the whole band by putting the RF amplifiers in the FM receiver deeply into compression, thereby destroying its ability to amplify weak signals. I doubt it would do much against strong, local stations, but it could wipe out the weak ones. And cheap receivers are particularly susceptable.

BTW, the FCC imposes a $10,000 fine for "maliciously" interfering with a signal... And they're not in the sightest bashful about doing it...

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

cites?

max. current draw 60ma @3-5 volts =.18 to .3 watts

Reply to
Steve Walker

I'm not too worried. It's only for 5 am to 6 am. Neighbor in my complex basically told me to get f***** when I asked him to not turn his umpteen watt stereo up so loud when he uses it for an alarm clock.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Let's ignore the fact that the pictured "circuit" wouldn't do diddly. A crystal all by itself doesn't oscillate simply because you've put a voltage on it.

Whoever put that page up is brain-dead if they think it'll output anything at all.

Reply to
Don Bruder

Those are pre-made, canned oscillators. You feed them 5v and they generate a square wave at the stated frequency. Inexpensive, commonly available. Anyone who knows what they do, and can't figure out where to get one, probably is short a few neurons.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:21:41 GMT, the inscrutable Steve Walker spake:

All that would do is give you white noise at 96dB vs. music. You still couldn't sleep.

Make it a point of getting up at midnight, knocking on his door, and asking him if he'd turned down the music level on his alarm clock yet. After a week of this, he might be more willing to let you sleep. Be sure to take turns with all the other neighbors in doing this. It just might be enough to get his attention. Find out what time he goes to bed and then knock on his door and/or telephone him a few hours after that.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Actually, I had a hard time finding any that were at an exact frequency, all I found had frequency ranges. The pictured item is an obsolete unit. I didn't feel like looking through everyone's .pdf files, only to find they only sell in bulk, that's why I asked in here. I'm not an electronics genius, but I do know that 150-250 milliwatts (I'm aware that it won't be 100% efficient) will over come quite a bit if it's only

20-30 feet from the receiver. Didn't know if the oscillator was square or sine wave, and I'm not sure about bleedover from 100 Mhz up to say 106 Mhz or down to 93 Mhz, but for a few bucks, what the heck. Besides, the neighbor listens to 99.7 Mhz, so I might get lucky.

BTW, I have a few excess neurons, (I.Q. between 145 and 160 as last tested,ex-Mensa member) but I haven't applied them to electronics, mostly computers, CNC machining, math and other things that interest me.

Reply to
Steve Walker

You need to activate the digikey neurons.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

As someone else mentioned you need to know what station he is listening to before doing anything. Then you would need to transmit on the frequency of that particular station. Then after achieving success the neighbor will simply play a head-banger CD instead.

Reply to
Dave

Digikey neurons? Sounds too much like Pokemon stuff to me.

I did find the thing after a while. Many online electronics places could organize their listings a little better.

rant on

AND SPECIFY THAT THEY DON'T SELL INDIVIDUAL PCS ON THE HOME PAGE, NOT AFTER YOU'VE SEARCHED FOR A WHILE, GO TO PLACE THE ORDER AND THEN LET YOU KNOW.

rant off

Reply to
Steve Walker

I don't recall the part number - might be a xtal oscillator. Same package. Xtals are normally 2 or 3 pin and a smaller package.

I was in the process of a SiGe Osc, Driver of a SiO2 osc but having a SAW filter... Complex design and packaging was wild. The SAW is exotic semi!

Martin

Reply to
lionslair at consolidated dot

listening