Cushy plier handles

Steve Ackman wrote:
(...)

Yes! No matter what kind of beans I use in my French Press, I get a superior tasting cuppa out of it, as compared to the same beans in an automatic coffee maker. I'm on my fourth 'Press, having worn out two small ones and a bigger one.

That is another new one on me. I shall investigate.
Thanks again!
--Winston
On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 13:38:39 -0800, the renowned Winston

There are these too:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
The precise, yet accurate Spehro Pefhany wrote:
(...)

Yup, though I can't recall drinking only *one* cup of coffee at a sitting, anytime in recent memory. :)
--Winston

(...)
The vacuum coffee maker appeals to my sense of applied physics but it would require me to be 'in the loop' to shut off the heat in time. I'm too lazy for that!
This 'Balance Syphon' takes me out of the loop and is very Steampunk. I love it! But I've never lived with one...
<http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0011/1932/products/IMG_2206_large.jpg?1288926414
--Winston

My daughter gave us one of these about 10 years ago. I replaced the screen once after a couple years (Bodum screens fit, are more durable, and are easier to get), and had to fuss with the threads that hold the screen to the rod recently. No reason to think it wont last another 10 years. (Amazon.com product link shortened)
--
Ned Simmons

Ned Simmons wrote:
(...)

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Say, that looks nice!
They sell replacement parts, then?
Well, heck.
Turns out I could have repaired my presses with replacement spiral plates for only $7.95!
<http://www.bodumusa.com/shop/line.asp?MD=6&GIDH&LID "9&HID12-16-613&CHK=&SLT=&mscssid=WGFFC6G7R3G09MPLACHBXT2UDBMS0HUE>
Better late than never. :)
Thanks for the info.
--Winston