Donating to NYC

Good idea.

Be aware that politics may enter the game. I recall one group in Mississippi that trashed donated bottle water as it came from a brewery and was in brown glass bottles.

One church group for NC showed up in NOLA with a full field kitchen. FEMA would not let them set up because they did not have local health inspections.

Some wag in the group had a computer, a printer and was able to fabricated the inspection documents.

Reply to
NotMe

To support The Salvation Army Disaster Relief Efforts via check, please send your donation to:  The Salvation Army Disaster Relief Hurricane Sandy Relief PO BOX 1959 Atlanta, GA 30301

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Thank you, on behalf of those Disabled Veterans. Not all of them can get help from the VA when they need it. The DAV does what it can to help. They also buy the large vans used to transport veternas to appointments at VA hospitals.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I can imagine such cluster fronts. Your government in action.

I remember a time before I joined the church. I was one night drinking iced tea out of a beer bottle (I'd capped it earlier that night) and one of the guys kept telling me to go easy on that stuff. I assured him this stuff didn't make me drunk.

.

Be aware that politics may enter the game. I recall one group in Mississippi that trashed donated bottle water as it came from a brewery and was in brown glass bottles.

One church group for NC showed up in NOLA with a full field kitchen. FEMA would not let them set up because they did not have local health inspections.

Some wag in the group had a computer, a printer and was able to fabricated the inspection documents.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It would be interesting if apartment buildings had a built in outside connection to hook up a trailer mounted genset. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I heard that on the radio, the wild dogs killed the boy. He survived the fall.

============================= U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH!

08/19/08 | Unknown

I got this funny story in a chain mail: A biker is riding by the zoo, when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion's cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the cuff of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, under the eyes of her screaming parents. The biker jumps off his bike, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain the lion jumps back letting go of the girl, and the biker brings her to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly. A New York Times reporter has watched the whole event. The reporter addressing the biker says, "Sir, this was the most gallant and brave thing I saw a man do in my whole life." The biker replies, "Why, it was nothing, really, the lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right." The reporter says, "Well, I'll make sure this won't go unnoticed. I'm a journalist from the New York Times, you know, and tomorrow's paper will have this story on the front page... So, what do you do for a living and what political affiliation do you have?'" The biker replies, "I'm a U.S. Marine, and I'm a Republican." The journalist leaves. The following morning the biker buys The New York Times to see if it indeed brings news of his actions, and reads, on front page: U.S. MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH!

.

I've always thought that the modern world should be as dangerous as possible. None of this namby-pamby safety crap. Let the stupid die, then adults who fail to protect their children and keep them safe would pay the price by losing them to the Grim Reaper. Dead stupid people don't reproduce. I read a heartbreaking story about a woman who put her two year old son on a guard rail at a zoo and the child slipped, falling into a pack of African painted dogs. It's not sure if the fall killed the child or the pack of dogs that descended upon the kid. The mother of the unfortunate child did something extremely stupid and it has not been determined if ant criminal charges will be brought against her yet. I get very angry when I hear of children being hurt or killed due to the stupidity of adults. O_o

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Them, and gas stations?

.

It would be interesting if apartment buildings had a built in outside connection to hook up a trailer mounted genset. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Whenever a government agency gets involved in any situation, stupidity always rears its ugly head. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I was legend in some people's minds a few years ago when my friends were out drinking. I couldn't at the time because of some medication I was on so I drank diet cokes. Some thought it was rum and coke and were suitably impressed with drinking abilities (grin)

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

You have a talent for understatement.

.

Whenever a government agency gets involved in any situation, stupidity always rears its ugly head. O_o

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, that's one way to win the drinking game. Don't drink alcohol. I like the technique.

.

I was legend in some people's minds a few years ago when my friends were out drinking. I couldn't at the time because of some medication I was on so I drank diet cokes. Some thought it was rum and coke and were suitably impressed with drinking abilities (grin)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Im wary of them..as Ive shopped in many many of their stores and was not..not impressed by their setup, their pricing or their staffs.

Not run or operated by veterans or family from what I can see....least around this part of California.

Seems my gut instinct was right.....based on the above reviews.

I also sent $20 to St. Vincent de Paul, which maxed out my ability to contribute for a week or two.. They are also iffy..but my experience with them is pretty good in a number of stores and via stories related to me by people helped by them.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

What?

Are you telling us Obama stole your card and ran up a tab on it ?

Or are you just being a typical liberal and blaming others instead of being a man and taking responsibility for your own actions.

For two things, you could have mowed your own lawn and changed your own tire and put what you saved to pay down the balance.

But not the good old Morman fiscal conservative, no sir. He just runs up a bill and blames it on the other guy.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

The victims would get more out of it if he just donated what the gas would cost.

Now, now. The Mormon is a conservative. In his world that means be a spend thrift and blame someone else. To him, stepping up, being a man, and taking responsibility for your own actions is a silly liberal idea.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

Dry goods? That box of pasta isn't so dry after the flood.

They would have to have a way to clean the lip of the can before they sank a can opener into it and introduced god knows what into the food. It can be done, but only if you have what you need on hand and it's not in the flood itself.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

You leave dry Pasta in boxes?

Bleach.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Winston isnt the sharpest knife in the putty knife section.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Knife? He's a spork with only one tine.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Most of the sheeples do. The ones at the store are.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

You know, that has artistic flair. I like it!

Now, do something with flashlights.

.