Flather shaper info

Just picked up a 16" Flather shaper. Looks to be in pretty decent shape. Someone added a transmission and a motor somewhere along the way.

Looking for any info on this machine.

Searching throught the archives Gunner speaks pretty highly of this machine.

Thanks

JW

Reply to
jw

They are uncommon. Where did you get yours? It may have been my old one...chuckle

Gunner

"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.

-- Grover Norquist

Reply to
Gunner

Large equipment auction in mid-Wisconsin. Incredibly out of place for the rest of the auction line. Suprised it cost me as much as it did really. Had a few other large old machine tools, but for the most part backhoes, dozers and such is the typical fare. This is a regular consignment auction house, so someone was apparently dumping some equipment from some old shop somewhere.

Had a big old American lathe. 12" x 144". Change gear, flat belt machine. $500. Too much for me. I bought the shaper for $100.

Now I need to decide if I am going to keep this one and sell off my Rockford, or just turn this one for a few bucks. I really need to have a garage sale pretty soon. I'm starting to accumulate too many duplicates.

JW

Reply to
jw