FS: books

Thinning my library, have a pretty fair collection of mostly technical books for sale. Many I listed some time back on my web site, but that was text only. This time I've taken pictures of every item.

Direct ALL inquires on books directly to me, not through the NG!

If you express serious intent for one or more books and request a total with shipping, I'll move the books to a hidden folder, thus holding them for you until I receive payment. Shipping will be media mail, and at exact cost. If I can scrounge a box or heavy envelope, no charge, but if I do have to buy such packaging, will include that in the total and note so. I will ship international, but not sure media mail works overseas, so might get expensive...

There's a few freebies scattered in there, free with purchase of something else. One freebie per item bought btw, until they're gone.

Some firearms related books, and some gunsmithing DVD's for a few popular firearms, unopened. Also a collection of Oxyacetylene Tips spanning 1939 to 1944, published by Linde Air.

Have some more to add, and will be starting another FS album for tools and such.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Nice collection and those are the ones you don't want.

I'd be shocked to see books like that in a library.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Thanks, took me some 30 years to build my collection, had over 200 at one time. But life is moving in other directions, and I'm culling down to those I'm likely to have a real need for, or the ones that I really really want to keep. Like an 1890's book on watchmaking, and another one by Louis and Samuel Levin.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

BTW, if the book is visible in the folder, it's probably still for sale. But while I check email frequently, it might be spoken for and I just haven't seen the email yet.

If I find multiple dibs for the same book, priority is determined by time of receipt in my inbox.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Den 14-07-2011 08:01, Jon Anderson skrev:

That's a lot of interesting books you have there. Most of them I have never even heard of (but that does not says a lot ;-) )

Reply to
Uffe Bærentse

Jon - do you have a list in text anywhere?

Hul

J> Thinning my library, have a pretty fair collection of mostly technical

Reply to
dbr

Not anymore. I tried selling by text list on my website a couple years ago, and did sell some but kept getting requests for pictures. With the list I had to constantly update and repost. Right now, soon as someone expresses interest in a book, I move it to a hidden folder. If they back out, as one fellow did after learning the cost to ship overseas, I just move the book back to the For Sale folder. If the picture is there, it's probably still for sale. Much easier on me. Sorry...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

The day that second son went to work in a pressing/stamping shop, I went down to my library and handed him my copy of "The metallurgy of deep drawing and pressing", John Wiley and sons, 1940. He hasn't quite finished reading it yet, only about 700 pages, cost me a buck and a half. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Put me down for the High Standard book

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch