FS video camera enclosure

there's lots of chatter here about surveilance cameras.
In my will-never-use pile I found a
PELCO EH3014 (google for pics, or dimensions)
enclosure. It looks to be for indoor duty. It has both cable glands, the front window is perfect. Part of the bottom mount is present. The inside "tray" for a camera is in place and has the 1/4" screw. It will hold a camera no more than 3.5" wide, 2.5" tall and about 12" long (no idea why so long). The Pelco emblems are intact.
It's $10 plus whatever USPS is from Chicago. Drop the munge from my address to reply. Money order/check/cash only.

Would make a great dummy camera for a lot of people. There used to be some pretty big cameras around, plus you need some room for the cable to come around and the connector to go straight into the back of most cameras. I have seen them used for exterior mounts although I prefer some of the STI flip top housings for outdoor use as they are available with heaters and blowers and mounts for less than the price of the bare Pelco housing.

And you could get a windshield wiper for some of them

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""
Cydrome Leader wrote:

FYI, the length is to accommodate either old tube cameras, or newer CCD cameras with good lenses.

To me it seems too long for even a tube camera. It looks like an old HeNe lab laser.
On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 01:56:13 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader

Pelco housing were good stuff. They were that long because in the old days, the cameras were that long when you added a motorized iris, zoom lens assembly and so forth
Gunner
"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Vidicon camera tubes were about 7" long, add a lens and some electronics and you've got a 12" camera. This is all quaint history. now, of course.
Jon