Is it just me or are all Prius drivers clueless driving Obamatards?

They can't drive for shit. They can't park for shit. They drive 25 miles an hour up freeway on ramps. Who could blame a
trucker for running over a moron in a Prius? And those Obama stickers all over those cars. LOL! They look like kindergarten sandbox retardmobiles with crash test dummies up front.

I only know one Prius driver and he is a conservative Republican in the financial industry.

Profesor friend of mine sold her Lexus and bought a Prius. Her comment: Cheap tinny piece of junk...
They can't drive for shit.

Profesor friend of mine sold her Lexus and bought a Prius. Her comment: Cheap tinny piece of junk...
*****************
The advantage in the NY metro area is that it is considered a "Clean Pass Vehicle" and a single driver can use the HOV lane on the expressway. That kind of makes up for the cheap tinniness.
On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 18:24:41 -0400, "ATP"

The "cheap tinniness" is a crock, probably from some ditz who has no idea how a car is made. The Prius is made just fine.
Comparing it with a Lexus, which has so much viscoelastic sound-deadening in it that you could use it for a mobile whorehouse and park it in front of a church on Sunday morning with no one knowing what's going on, is just dumb.
--
Ed Huntress

They can't drive for

I just automatically assumed she was a ditz. Common sense tells you you're going to give up something going from a Lexus to a Prius. I had a male professor who wanted to know why they had to make Priuses so ugly, as if they had complete design freedom to sculpt the body without sacrificing anything. He thought they made them ugly so liberals could feel morally superior.
I am currently considering buying something small, like Honda Civic, to use as much as possible, where I do not need my pick up truck.
"Ignoramus15636" wrote in message

I calculated the cost of the battery, I used $2500 for a battery replacement at 100k miles, maybe in the right ballpark. With a Prius getting 50 mpg and the price of the battery figured in, I came up with an equivalent cost of a 37 mpg car. Since a Honda Civic should get in that ballpark, and costs ~$10k less, I don't think the Prius would ever close the gap on operating cost + car cost.
I was wanting to buy a new Honda Civic but opted for a 2002 Ford Escort with 84K miles with some cosmetic damage, gets 35 mpg, hopefully it'll be reliable.
RogerN

The battery cost is the main reason why I do not want a car that uses battery to store energy. I am thinking about conventional gasoline cars.

48 mpg but if you got bum knees then a civic ain't going to do them much good.

I did drive a Civic recently, and was impressed, it has decent legroom.

It's not so much the legroom, it's the getting in and out of a vehicle where the seat is so close to the ground.
Just a heads up is all.

I know what you mean, it is like crawling into a hole, but I can still do it.

Keep doing it, eventually you'll no longer be able to.
message

The Honda CR-V is a good compromise betwen MPG and cargo space.
jsw
On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 21:13:20 -0500, Ignoramus15636

Toyota Camry Hybrid.
-- Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -- Thomas Jefferson
On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 12:30:29 -0700 (PDT), "Amy & Kathleen"

But it's the top _selling_ piece of tinny junk, and only half the price of the new Chebby Volt! Environmental responsibility has its price, eh? <bseg>