LEGO Milling Machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0pMILT7_Y

On 3/31/2013 9:03 AM, Ignoramus22359 wrote:

Cool (!) machine, but "LEGO"? When I see "LEGO", I think of something made from those little plastic blocks. Now, I guess, "LEGO" means "made by the LEGO company". Bob
replying to Bob Engelhardt , passerby wrote:

Not so much by LEGO the company as by a hardcore LEGO enthusiast:
http://arthursacek.com/
Well, a hardcore LEGO enthusiast with some professional interest as a (former?) LEGO reseller in Brazil as far as I can tell from the About page. In other words, an enthusiast with no shortage of LEGO parts and considerable skill who did an amazing job!

On 3/31/2013 1:19 PM, passerby wrote:

Well, in that case, my opinion is totally changed. I had assumed that the milling machine was made from dedicated parts, as designed by LEGO engineers. Cool, but not "Wow".
However, given that is was built by an individual with _off the shelf_ parts, I am impressed.
Thanks for the clarification.
Bob
Den 31-03-2013 20:44, Bob Engelhardt skrev:

It is built with standard of-the-shelf parts from Lego Technic. There is a lot of sensors and motors and positioning devices available from Lego.
--
Uffe

In the true CNCZONE attitude... I can mill "steel" with that right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0pMILT7_Y