minigloat

There's a guy who sells containers locally. They cut out 6.5 x 7' openings for doors. He has agreed to sell me a lot of pieces for $5 each. I'm going to go get some free telephone poles and make a fence. Should be about $ .85 a foot 6' high not counting paint.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Way cool!

Gunner Asch

1) You suck. 2) Pictures! Particularly of the auger and crane you use to place the poles. 3) Footings are tamped earth, yes?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Are you building a chain saw guide rig to cut the panel groves in the sides of the pole sections? That would qualify for the metalworking part...

Reply to
Pete C.

I'll have my BIL come over with his tractor auger. If I hit any rocks (99% chance of that), I'll just go as deep as I can. I'm going to cut them about nine feet, trying to put two feet in the ground. It's real sandy around here, so they should hold. If I get them three, I'll still have six feet sticking up. Gonna be some mondo fence. Should send the wind blasts upwards a little, too. Windy here.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Panels are corrugated metal ..............

Reply to
SteveB

Yes, and the corrugations are normally vertically oriented, so the edges at the poles would be normal straight metal.

Reply to
Pete C.

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:57:09 -0500, the infamous "Pete C." scrawled the following:

Drilling and bolting them onto one side of the pole would be a lot easier and wouldn't require any more structure.

Drilling is metalworking, oui?

-- You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you _can_ do something about its width and depth. -- Evan Esar

Reply to
Larry Jaques