new motherboard

Printed circuit boards are the modern standard over 3.6 GHz (older than 2012). The question is how would you separate what's modern and what isn't from that? Use a pair of scissors?

(if, in some cases, you could even see the device you're trying to use in refurbishing)

Reply to
mogulah

To add to my expense I have two - yes two : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 video boards and liquid cooling. My fans are in idle most of the time. I run one monitor in landscape, the other in portrait.

One for multiple pages up at a time and the other - looking at a whole letter in large font.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

[ ... ]

Does in 98SE even know what to do with a 2 TB drive -- portable or non?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

98SE is an example of what is tolerable if the program on it can't be updated.

Older versions of Win2000 and XP don't see over 137GB, nor are the computers built for them likely to gain from or even accept a USB3 card. OTOH their software won't generate job files larger than their drive's capacity so you can transfer their output on a flash drive.

I just opened and read a 32GB Sandisk flash drive on a still-useful computer from the 1990's running Win2000.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins