Ornamental ironwork

Barry needs to learn about the value of cleaning metal BEFORE welding it and painting it. The bead are also gloppy and too high. Barry needs to learn about proper safety equipment, which includes something other than a T shirt, and UV protection. Welding without sleeves is an invitation to burns and skin cancer. His Jackson helmet is an expensive one. Khaki long sleeve Wrangler shirts go for about $25. Both are important safety items.

I did two minutes worth of welding today. I put on my Wrangler khaki shirt, gauntlet leather gloves, hat, and ear plugs, just as I do every time I weld.

Steve, welder since 1974.

Reply to
SteveB