OT: Anybody ever seen one of these?

I just thought about it this morning. I would love to have an MP3 player/keyless remote. I have looked online with no luck. But it seems to make so much sense. Maybe I can buy a tiny MP3 player and graft it together with my key fob remote in a new case. I could probably power the key fob remote with the MP3 player battery. On second thought that might be a bad idea. Anyway, if someone has actually seen one of these I would appreciate a link or a name. Thanks, Eric

Reply to
etpm

Start here?

For home, this looks promising:

Larry Jaques

That's interesting but will not unlock the doors. I did find a mini MP3 player that is 1.3 inches square and 5/16 thick. My remote key fob is 1.25 wide, .5 thick and 2 inches long. I may be able to graft the two together in a new case that I machine from acetal plastic. It does not have bluetooth though. I'll look a little more to see if I can find a bluetooth player that is small enough. Eric

Reply to
etpm

I didn't get the assumed connection between the key fob remote and your request. Instead, I thought you might want to make IT control the MP3 player.

WTF? Why do you need an MP3 player connected to your key fob remote?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Since I have to lug around the key fob to unlock the doors easily I thought it would be nice to have one package not much bigger than the key fob is now. Then I can connect through blue tooth to my blue tooth headphones while working in the shop and to the radio in the car when I'm in the car. It seems like I have more and more junk to carry around. I could get by without the key fob remote but then to get in the back of my car I would need to first unlock the driver's door and use the control on the door to unlock the back. There is no provision for a key to unlock the back. And the stupid security system keeps locking the doors. That's why. And don't chide me for getting the car I wanted. It's a damn good car, does everything I want, gets good mileage, is comfortable to drive, and is painted a nice bright green so it's easy to find in a parking lot. And it looks goofy as hell, like a green toaster. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Sir, -you- need one of Rube Goldberg's electronics-enlightened descendants. That's your only hope. Wait a minute! You're not...

As you like it, sir. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Or just make a "hanger" to hold the player on the key ring independent of the key fob. Since they're functionally independent anyhow. My step son could probably whip something up out of duct tape .

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt