OT - auto dealer's outrageous service prices

My wife has a 5-year-old Mercedes SUV (I know, I know - let's not go there). Previously she had the dealer replace the front brake _pads_ (only): $300!! When they wanted $1200 for the front pads and rotors, I went elsewhere. Still cost us $600.

She just came back with these quotes for other work that (they say) needs to be done:

- drive shaft bearing: $475

- trans. cooler lines: $300

- ball joints: $875

- windshield washer tank: $225 (no, it's not platinum, just plastic)

- fuel and air filters: $350

And a couple of other things, for a total of $2930. Not including a new radio for $1075 because the tape doesn't work on the original (never did, but it's out of warranty).

Bloody freaking THIEVES!!!

Sick (especially because I didn't want her to buy it in the first place), Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt