OT: but metal and rubber content Lotus 7 Ballet

http://korvideo.free.fr/200411/maitrise.wmv
It is titled Ballet by Lotus Super 7 -

I remember back in 1964 when I tried on a Lotus 7 in a dealer's showroom. I almost cried when I couldn't get my #13's down to the pedals!
Also remember my brother's story of witnessing a drag race betweena '7 and a corvette. The Chevy was left in the dust!
What ever happened to the Rotus 7? It was powered by a Toyota engine?
Paul in Redmond, OR
Twin rotor Mazda (Rotus, geddit?)
-- Bob (Chief Pilot, White Knuckle Airways)

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 10:36:22 GMT, the inscrutable "Karl Vorwerk"

That brings back wonderful memories of my childhood. Dad ran an Austin Healy 100-4 in autocrosses and gymkhanas back in Little Rock, AR back in the sixties. I got into wrenching way back then as his helper, before I even hit puberty.
http://www.race-cars.com/carsold/austinhl/ah3706/ah3706pp.htm This one looks almost identical to his.
Alas, the Healy wasn't nearly as beautiful in its ballet as that little Lotus.
I had my eyes on a Lotus Europa as a mid-teen, but they were way out of my price range. Speaking of being out of my price range, I'd much rather have a Cobra (smallblock), Countach, Bora, 928, or Ford F-40(?) today. <sigh> Each has its charm, all in different ways.
-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
I'd like a Cobra or Ford F-40 but I'll never be able to afford one. I might one day be able to build (Locost) or buy a Carterham 7. Karl
spake:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:25:57 GMT, the inscrutable "Karl Vorwerk"

I meant Ford GT40, but you know that. ;) Afford one? Hell, that old Healy Dad drove is now worth $150 GRAND! <thud>
-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
I wrote it wrong too. I'd take either the original or the new one. When I was in college I used to have a Midget and my girlfriend at the time had one then sold it to get an MGA. My Grandfather choose a MGA over the Healey when he was buying a sports car in the late 50's. They're both beautiful. I met a guy with an MGTF a few months ago. He'd bought it new. I seem to have MGitis from my Grandfather's MGA when I was about 4. Karl
spake:

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:55:58 GMT, "Karl Vorwerk"

One of my Vietnamese buddies just offered me one of his original Jag XKE, in the original British Racing Green....while there is no way I could afford it, it would still be fun to tool around in it. Though I understand that the ratio of drive/repair is about 1:2 in hours.
Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious. michael
That's a beautiful car. Karl
spake:

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:55:58 GMT, the inscrutable "Karl Vorwerk"

I used to commute with a friend back in the 70s in his MGTD. That was funin the rain, lemme tell ya. Brakes? What brakes? And the infamous Lucas electrical system. Joys!
========================================================= Save the ||| http://diversify.com Endangered SKEETS! ||| Web Application Programming =========================================================
On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:55:58 GMT, the inscrutable "Karl Vorwerk"

I missed the MGitis. Just in case you're interested, a trip to the Bay Area in California is in line for you. My sister wants to sell her 1973 BLMC MGB-GT. (say that 3 times real fast) Any takers? 1-owner, original babyshit brindle color, and I think she wants $3,850 for it.
spake:

This is a rubber bumper model, yes?
Peter
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 00:37:40 GMT, the inscrutable "Peter Grey"

No, I believe they were chromed bumpers with black rubber bumpers on 'em. She picked it up brand new in England and drove it around Europe for a month, then brought it back to the U.S. It's a left-hand drive, though, with black interior.
Fortunately I'm far enough away to be safe. I remember driving the last hundred miles back to college by moonlight with my lights off because my battery died half way there. It died in the Sears parking lot so we walked the rest of the way home and then walked back to get a battery in the morning. Actually I had to walk there and back twice. My girlfriend had left her .38 in the unlocked glove box and she wanted to make sure it didn't get ripped off. Karl
spake: