OT- Concealed Carry Recommendations

If you can tuck it away properly concealed..go for it. And shoot proper JHP ammo. Dont bother with hardball. It will stop..but it takes a while. Time you may not have.

And check it with the ammo you are going to carry!! The 9mm is known for feeding FMJs fine..and choking on hollowpoints.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

hollow based wad cutters turned backwards? Or straight wad cutters nose on? If the latter..go to SWC...they feed so much better into a wheel gun.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Are you carrying "just in case" or is the threat level high enough to consider heavier weapons? If you're a civilian, pulling a gun is applying deadly force, you don't do it unless your life is in danger, you WILL end up in jail otherwise If that's the case, I'd want the largest caliber I could comfortably carry. .380 doesn't qualify for me, I've chronoed some out of my granddad's Colt.

Looked at the Kimber Solo, it's a real 9mm about the size of the old Colt 1908. I've got a Glock 29 in 10mm, it's a little fat for summer carry, but does well with winter jackets. I feel comfortable that.38 Special +P and above will stop most opponents, YMMV. But any gun is better than no gun at all...

If you use deadly force, confiscation of your gun for evidence is going to be the least of your financial worries. The lawyer that taught the CCW class says he starts with a $5K retainer and it goes from there. There's a book out there, "After You Shoot: Your gun's hot. The perp's not. Now what?", details what you'd get put through.

Stan

Reply to
Stanley Schaefer