OT: Gotta love Aussies' sense of humour

The locals in Darwin are calling the newly established US Marines base "Camp Assange".

Stormin Mormon wrote:

'Assange' is the Wikileaks ass who demanded the US stop trying to get him for what he did. Time for another seal team six mission. Another indication that a lot of Australians are stupid and vindictive, which is too bad. I know some who are great people to deal with.
http://www.newsday.com/news/world/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-calls-on-obama-to-end-witch-hunt-1.3913652
Julian is the guy who told everyone all about it. Ha, ha.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

'Assange' is the Wikileaks ass who demanded the US stop trying to get him for what he did. Time for another seal team six mission. Another indication that a lot of Australians are stupid and vindictive, which is too bad. I know some who are great people to deal with.
http://www.newsday.com/news/world/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-calls-on-obama-to-end-witch-hunt-1.3913652
On Mon, 3 Sep 2012 08:39:01 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Simply meet with the "City Fathers" and advise them that effective the end of the month the Marines will be taking over all base maintenance and support and local hires will not be required after that date, local procurement of materials will be centralized in Sidney and that for training purposes the base will be closed for the foreseeable future and no more "shore leave" will be allowed..
I saw this done twice. Once in the States and once in Thailand. Each time there was an immediate change in the attitude of the locals toward the Servicemen.
"John B." wrote:

Or tell them that you will no longer punish your troops when they wreck a bar, or beat the crap out of a loudmouthed ass. No more claims on a serviceman's pay for supposedly getting one of the locals pregnant, or supposedly messing around with underage girls. No one allowed to live off base, or shop in any local store. They'll cry a river as they backtrack.
I had someone try to screw me over a bad automatic transmission near Ft. Rucker Alabama, until full bird Colonel Byrd walked in with me and told the owner to replace it, or his business would be off limits for a full year. He had a replacement in the Colonel's ElCamino within five minutes, and kept apologizing, I didn't know he was a friend of yours!