OT Gunners in the hospital

A hundred bucks if I use US funds...

Interesting things are more expensive, in a lot of cases, when you buy US things with US bucks than when you buy Canadian things with Canadian bucks. A loaf of bread may be $1.29 US and $0.99 Cdn. No idea why that is.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

About the same amount of wheat and 1/10 the population?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Best of Luck Gunner Ken

Reply to
Ken Vale

Hang in there, Gunner!

BTW, what caliber is the stent gonna be?

--Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

Prayers sent.

I hope you get back here soon. We all miss you.

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Gunner:

Aww crap, what a bummer. You're lucky that a lot of heart problems can can be fixed if caught early enough. Not to sound trite, but ideologies aside we're all connected/bound/affiliated by our failing human biologies as we get older. To the person that mentioned payment for the operation. If illegal aliens can have free medical... you'd think that a vet could at least have the same.

Best of luck to you, Gunner.

Reply to
BottleBob

And us Libs are sorely missing one of the feistier conversationalists!!

Jim

jim rozen

All the best, Gunner! Hope you come out better than you went in. Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

I, along with the rest of you, wish him success with the procedure and a speedy recovery. Rick

Reply to
Rhbuxton

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Jim

Reply to
Jim & Hils

Please don't speak for "we all."

Whether some of us do or don't is beside the point.

--Tim May

Reply to
Tim May

Gunner, I am with Brian on this one. At least the hundred bucks, maybe more but I will have to check the piggy bank. Get well Mark, I've missed having you to piss on my leg lately.

Reply to
J. R. Carroll

On 16 Jun 2004 20:59:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@AOL.COM (Leigh Knudson) shouted from the rooftop:

Been there, done that. Still kickin'.

Hope he gets well and quits smoking and eases off on the red meat.

-Carl "If you don't have enemies, you don't have character"-Paul Newman

Reply to
Carl Byrns
¦x?-A à D÷?bVY¶?Ü ]w'jâõ§úCèíkmf???L?ÌúJ??þ5F?¡¨Cb@??;oßÈ\ ? 'I?³?u?^Ëì©9Î+W`e¼Gø?5¯?R_·jÞ?má2¤?zØ#õk?ÌS}6
Reply to
Pep674

But they're just as spread out so it costs more for shipping. ;) (Not to mention the stereotypically icy roads up 'thar...)

Tim

Tim Williams

Well, when a person is injured or sick, there is no better treatment than to give them a good, strong motivation to get better. In Gunners case, Hmmm, what might that be....?

I know!

Gunner, if you don't get well and out of the hospital soon,

JOHN KERRY WILL GET ELECTED PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!

Ha, pretty sure that ought to do it. Get well soon and completely, buddy. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers, my friend.

-AL

Reply to
Al A.

Actually, he isn't quite as much a libertarian as you may think. He's posted (but perhaps not here) that he has no problem with help for people who truly need it. And, he does right now as far as the medical care goes. I think that the illness of his wife who has really bad heart problems sorta changed his thinking a bit some time ago. He has stated that she would be dead if not for the county medical program and that he's glad it's there. I worry about his every day expenses as he is the sole provider and, being self-employed, probably has no state disability benefits. Sue

Reply to
Sue

Sue can you email off line a mailing address? An address, either business or home, that would get to Gunner. I would like to help what I could. Thanks,

John

John

Convey my best wishes to Gunner.

Both of my brothers-in-law went through this over the last few years. And for both, the worrying was worse than the operation.

It was almost an out patient operation. They only kept them around for a day after and sent them home with instructions not to over exert themselves.

Get well Gunner.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Get well soon Gunner. I'm looking forward to meeting you someday!!!

Reply to
Peter DiVergilio