OT- My kids' college makes EETimes

I'm suffering here because my son went back to school today. Checked my email and saw the college had sent me a link to an EETimes article.

If you read down you will see that the kids use mills and lathes as they learn to crunch the numbers.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Wild, wild, wild! The Olin foundation thought engineering education in the US was SO bad, they had to open their own university! WOW! I DO know what they are talking about.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Reply to
Don Foreman

I took three degrees in nine years of EE education. The department had a nice machine shop, but it seemed to be a hands-off operation (if you need metal work, make a drawing and hand it to the staff).

In 1975 they finally let me punch and bend some sheet metal to make a chassis for my mad project to build something called a "microcomputer". It worked. I went to grad school, like Bill Gates, but he dropped out and kept horsing around with his microcomputer, while I shelved mine and finished the academics with DEC minis.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch