OT: 'MythBusters' cannonball sails through neighborhood

(...)

Never attribute to malice... :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

...that which can be attributed to stupidity. Got it. When I'm plinkin', I always figure how far the shot can possibly go, then shoot in a direction which will least affect civilization, as it were. I think I'd prefer a purely vertical backstop, not a gentle ramp, for a perfectly round projectile. You?

I believe, in the future, I'll always give the target piece a teensy bit of angle, too.

-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ideally? In order of impact:

1) The target per se (Paper on plywood) 2) Say 20 large, thick plastic bags full of water, two deep. 3) Several 1" steel plates mounted on 4 x 4 fence posts. 4) Many sandbags 5) Five miles of flat, clear downrange interrupted by chain link cross - fences every 100'. :)

(Ball painted fluorescent orange)

Flinch-worthy!

The pivoty hinge on the top of the target is a *good* idea.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Like that was ever really in question. jk

Reply to
jk

I gave up on them, long ago after seeing a couple of their flawed experiments in a row.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell