OT - No Child Left Behind

On the heels of Bush's reelection victory and in an opening bid to strengthen the "No Child Left Behind" act, an F-16 strafed the Little Egg Harbor Middle School in New Jersey last night with approximately 25 rounds of 20mm fire.

"We couldn't leave those kids behind to suffer another five or six years of humiliating torture and ultimate brain death," said the pilot. "The compassionate thing to do was to put them out of their misery before the teachers got their hands on them."

Told that school is closed at night and that no students had been left behind there, the pilot commented, "Oh. Then, never mind."

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Apparently the only person in the school at the time was the custodian, who was fortunately unhurt. I would pay *big* money to hear the discussions that will happen at the review board for this incident. I think somebody ought to buy that F16 driver an inexpensive GPS unit. If he's still in the service, the practical jokes this poor man will have to endure will be remarkable.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

You are a sick twisted person Ed, I think I like that about you

Reply to
Gjpostma

Thank you, thank you. It's the result of years of hard work, writing advertising headlines.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I thought you was just having a good time until I watched the 10:00 news. Sigh!

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

PrecisionMachinisT

Quote:

"We don't know what happened that caused the gun to fire," Webster said.

I think it's that little button on the stick that does that. One would think they would review that operation of all the subsystems before they let somebody drive one of those things around.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 05:23:46 GMT, "Ed Huntress" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

So did the families

"But Joanne Wilson dismissed the accident as an unavoidable side effect of a strong national defense.

"We're a military family," she said. "Accidents happen, but we need these pilots. They're protecting our nation." "

***************************************************** Have you noticed that people always run from what they _need_ toward what they want?????
Reply to
Old Nick

People just don't appreciate how rough we can play out here. This is the Tough Love state.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates! There ain't no time to wonder why, Whoopie! We're all gonna die.

-- Country Joe McDonald

Reply to
Ed Huntress

an F-16 strafed the Little Egg

Having looked at my high school through a missile sight, I can say that it is simply part of the healing process.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

A good point. There's a certain middle school in NJ that deserves a similar fate. Too bad it's been decomissioned - I think they had to perform an ritual act of purification on the grounds.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 05:23:46 GMT, "Ed Huntress" calmly ranted:

ROTFLSHIAPMP!

-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

Sin-free Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:22:07 -0500, axolotl vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

chnchnchn! ROFL

***************************************************** Have you noticed that people always run from what they _need_ toward what they want?????
Reply to
Old Nick

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Sounds to me like the reported incident wasn't exactly a non-incident. How much more serious would it have to be? Only good fortune avoided a death in this instance from all appearances. At least in the west they have open desert country in which to do their practicing. Still, in Utah, in the

60's, several thousand sheep were killed by nerve gas. Government denied any responsibility until the mid 90's. I have to assume that their posture was that the sheep were simply tired of living and committed suicide.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

I was surprised they were still using those ranges along the shore. There were entire beaches used for naval gunnery practice when I was a little kid, but I thought they were only using a few practice ranges 'way out in the Pine Barrens these days. 'Guess not.

I suppose that Utah can get pretty boring to a sheep.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Can't speak for the sheep, but it was enough for us to move away.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 01:03:34 GMT, "Ed Huntress" calmly ranted:

"Be the first one on your block to have your boy come home in a box!"

More from good old Country Joe's anti-Vietnam song.

--- In Christianity, neither morality nor religion comes into contact with reality at any point. --FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

Comprehensive Website Development -

Reply to
Larry Jaques