OT: NRA Father's Day gifts

Don't procrastinate; you have just a few days to order these Father's Day gifts from that defender of the nation and saturnine den of sartorial splendor, the NRA:

Look Cool. Feel Cool. Be Cool. CS 241 NEW! NRA 5.11 Performance Polo $39.95 - $42.95 Give your favorite father a snag-free, anti-microbial, technical weave shirt that will look great through extensive physical maneuvers.

(imported, but only from freedom-loving, RKBA-supporting, poverty-stricken former communist countries with the finest sweatshops)

The Baghdad model, with sewn-in ceramic plates that will withstand a direct hit from a 7.62 x 39 Russian, and the Dick Cheney "Bobwhite" model, with Kevlar insulation that will stop #6 lead shot from a high-brass 12-gauge at

10 yards, are available on special order.

If you missed last month's wine specials to add to your NRA wine collection, there are still limited supplies left of Hoppe's No. 8 Napa Valley Camp Fuel and Degreaser, as well as its antidote, Hoppe's No. 10 Purgative and Rust Inhibitor.

Get 'em while they last.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

They have a made in usa section of the store.

Wes

Wes

Surely you have backup for that assertion?

Reply to
Don Foreman

The washing and pressing instructions are the giveaway, Don. "Do not wash in water containing raw sewage or chemical wastes. Beat gently between smooth rocks. If necessary, press with cool irony."

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Is that the same site that offers OBAMA toilet paper? They advertise it "no shit sticks to this".

DL

Reply to
Gunluvver2

It may be. That's the official NRA website, and they're stooping to anything these days to make a buck.

Hey, they have Wayne's $910,000 annual salary to pay for. They'll probably be in the heroin and prostitution businesses before long.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 02:19:04 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress" scrawled the following:

2 points, Ed. Bwahahahahaha!

-- Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The fact that there is a USA side menu kind of gives the game to Ed.

Wes

Wes

I was waiting for your editor's antennae to pick that up.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Oh, there's really no game. There's nothing wrong with selling imported shirts, but it is kind of funny to see it coming from a flag-waving organization.

I just thought it was ironic.

To the gun nutz who think this is a little put-down of the NRA: I'm a member. That's how I know about the sales. The NRA wine selection isn't all that bad, either, and I might pick up a nice little Bordeaux from their collection if it goes with fried squirrel.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Just like when the defense department bought those berets from china.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I must agree that the evidence is compelling.

Reply to
Don Foreman