OT: OT: OT: trailer sway dangers

short video [52 meg] on the danger of trailer sway. Includes possible safety hardware [1500$US] and some driving tips.

Large trailers such as campers or large boats.

Title: Trailer Sway Dangers URL:

Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

F. George McDuffee

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 19:49:31 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, F. George McDuffee quickly quoth:

That was one one of the worst safety videos I've ever seen. He didn't mention the name of the other anti-sway hitch mfgrs, only the $1,500 hitch mfgr's name. He also left out acceleration as a way out of sway if you DON'T have trailer brakes or an anti-sway hitch. D-

Add an F for the video size, to boot.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I agree with Larry, it was a thinly veiled commercial. My own approach when towing heavy things, is to go slow and to avoid speed where resonance appears. My electric brake helps a lot also, a luxury which I do not have on the boat trailer.

Ignoramus2043