OT: Rummy's brilliant idea

Rummy's brilliant idea

Worried that you, the American taxpayer, will have to pick up the check for Iraq's reconstruction?

Lying awake nights because the river of Iraqi oil that was going to finance the rebuilding won't float a rowboat?

The full article will be available on the Web for a limited time:

(c) 2003 Mercury News and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved.

Reply to
Abrasha

I lived in the bay area/san jose area for ten years. I found the mercury news to be one of the most liberal and blatantly biased mainstream news papers that I have ever read. While the toungue in cheek tone is funny to a point, articles like this do not offer any useful solutions to this or any other world crisis. Not unlike, constant 24 hour criticism of your artwork would somehow cause you to improve your abilities. The effort required to criticize, is miniscule nd involves little risk, compared to the energy and effort required to provide a solution. Somehow, we can look back on our involvement in rebuilding Japan, Germany, FRANCE,Korea, and thousands of other countries destroyed by war, tyranny, etc... and it was a good thing, the right thing to do etc... etc... But somehow this is different? Maybe your city will be next?

clay

Abrasha wrote:

Reply to
clay

Clay, =

You sent me a private email. It would have been nice if you would have p= rovided a valid email address and allowed me the opportunity to respond to you privately. Since you did not do that, I will post my response publicly.

clay wrote:

If I would receive 24 hour criticism from millions of people, I might sta= rt to think that maybe someone should be listened to, and that maybe what I was= doing needed to be reexamined. I am not alone in my criticism of this administ= ration; there are millions of us in this county alone.

This IS different. Japan and Germany were the aggressors. In this case,=

America was the "preemptive" aggressor and now occupier, and as we now kn= ow for bogus fabricated reasons.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. The longer America remains the aggressor = and feels that it has a right to have it's military in, I don't know how many= , countries around the world, the more likely it will become that my city m= ay be next.

I truly, strongly believe that this administration is an evil administrat= ion. =

And that the events of 9/11 were the best thing that could have happened = to them. It only allowed them to advance their not so secret agenda even fa= ster.

And yes, I am a liberal and proud of it. Liberalism is what has made Ame= rica strong and what it is today, not conservatism. America was founded as a "liberal democracy".

Today I received an email for a friend (another liberal) with a letter wr= itten by Michael Moore (another "=FCber" liberal) to General Wesley Clark. You= may want to read it, it is interesting if nothing else.

Abrasha

Abrasha

How do they get people to believe this nonsense ?

If brains were dynamite you couldn't even blow your nose.

Reply to
Excitable Boy

I'd say Clay has the jeweler's eye for the situation and has offered an accurate representation. And if bullshit were music, there "excitable boy", you'd be a brass band.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
gfulton

FRANCE,Korea,

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Reply to
gfulton

(Snip) I'm hoping and praying

(Snip)

I guess you have to define "steal"..

John

Reply to
JohnM

I've seen your stuff on this group before. You're just another knee-jerk liberal with the emphasis on jerk.

Reply to
LBailey

From

"..... the DoJ has been using its increased powers under the US PATRIOT Act to pursue common criminals. DoJ Officials have been holding seminars on how to use increased wiretap powers against (non-terrorist) money launderers and drug dealers. One example in the article is the guy running a meth lab who's now up for a life sentence for 'manufacturing chemical weapons' instead of the much shorter sentence he would have been facing under the current drug laws. ....."

From

"New Patriot Act Terror Laws Used Against Common Criminals ...."

From

"Justice Dept. Drafts Sweeping Expansion of Anti-Terrorism Act ..."

Seems the plans may include removing US citizenship (they just declare you no longer a citizen, really simple, no lawyers or "due process" or messy legal stuff involving judges or courts) and THEN apply Cuba, drugs & so forth ...

HTH

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Well, that is an easy one; we are steeling all of it. Since we are in the fog of war I will explain by analogy.

Suppose I invade your house. You disagree with my "right" to invade and you foolishly resist. As a result your house gets blown up and some of your family is killed. When I go into the remnants of your house I say, "what a mess, we need to rebuild". We go to your bank and clean out your account to have money to rebuild. Of course all of my buddies will be handling the rebuilding and they want to be (well) paid. No one can say how long the job will take.

Anyone else would call it stealing but we in our enlightened moral thinking call it "rebuilding Iraq".

Ain't morals entertaining in time of war?

Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley

There are all sorts of ways to steal oil. Owning it and controling it are two different things. He who controls it gets to say who gets it and how much. They also get a commission on the sale and a big say on what happens to the rest of the money.

Also whoever rebuilds the oil infrastructure gets first crack at managing it, maintaining it and expanding it. All at a nice profit for the VP's cronies.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

A Google search for "FEMA Detention facility" might be instructive .....

First hit:

Pick your State ...

Or a Google search for the "REX 84" program ...

Enjoy ....

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

I am amused by the fact that most of the people hysterical about Ashcroft are the same ones who work so hard to eliminate the right to bear arms. Ashcroft excesses really seem insignificant compared to Rosie O'Donnell's plan to jail all 70 million gunowners in the USA.

Reply to
Rex Tincher

When George Bush appoints wacko liberal Rosie O'Donnell to the post of Attorney General, you'll have something to worry about. For now, what you have to worry about is an old-style authoritarian conservative wacko named John Ashcroft. And there are a few things to worry about.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I have nothing against guns. In fact I have more than my share. A couple in the "barely legal" category. But Ashcroft scares me a whole lot more than that cabinet full of guns.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

One thing I can say good about Ashcroft. He covered that statue of Justice in the main hall of the DOJ. Now we only have to watch one boob at a time. ;-)

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

I heard Ashcroft on the radio recently, he sounded like a mad Nazi. This is not a rhetorical figure and I used to love him due to his position on guns. But his speech about new provisions for checking library records was filed with hate and dehumanisation of his opponents. I was very upset.

Ignoramus20984

You are aware that people tell lies on the internet, aren't you?

Give me an hour and I can throw together a similar website declaring that aliens from Beta Epsilon now control the weather on Earth. After all, it's not about facts or reality, is it?

Strider

Reply to
Strider

Hardly insignificant. We yet to see all the uses of Ashcroft's folly. The absurd and blatantly unconstitutional parts of the Patriot Act are even more far reaching than the attempts to prohibit the private use and ownership of guns.

The move from Clinton to Bush is analagous to jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Reply to
strabo