OT: Son's finished school in MOS 1345

My son Matt graduated from his training class at Fort Leonard Wood Missouri today, USMC MOS 1345, Engineer Equipment Operator. He trained on a grader, two bulldozers, including the D-7, a backhoe, and various hi-lift loaders. He was high point man in the class of 14 and earned a promotion to Lance Corporal.

Now he's on his way to Yuma AZ to join CLC16 supporting the MCAS there. I hope to see him this Christmas, depending on if he gets leave. I'm proud of the young man.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Congratulations, and thanks to your son for serving and defending our country. My son Andrew did a 3 month training class at Fort Leonard Wood a couple of years ago.

Carl Boyd

Reply to
Carl Boyd

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:27:32 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Pete Keillor quickly quoth:

Congrats, Pete. I hope he's not headed into Iraq any time soon.

-- Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it. Plan more than you can do, then do it. -- Anonymous

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks. Me, too, but I'm not betting on it.

Reply to
Pete Keillor

You have every right to be proud !

Reply to
Snag

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 05:10:22 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Pete Keillor quickly quoth:

I wouldn't, either. Keep your appendages crossed.

-- Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it. Plan more than you can do, then do it. -- Anonymous

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Being willing to defend your nation is a noble calling. It is even more meritorious when our nation is in times of strife. Please forward my sincere thanks to your son.

Wes USMC 75-79 MOS6657

Reply to
Wes

As much as I think these new morale/battle/whatever cries are a bit strange, OOH RAH!

Now in the _Old_ Corps,....:)

Reply to
John Husvar

And mine as well

Gunner USA 71-74 MOS11B-4

Reply to
Gunner

Congrats to him. Yuma has to be a whole lot more pleasant than Leonard Wood this time of year!

Reply to
Don Foreman

You betcha! Thanks to all, I'll email the thread to him.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Congrats to you son and you.

Jay Cups USMC 71-74 Wanted an eng> My son Matt graduated from his training class at Fort Leonard Wood

Reply to
JayCups

Being Honor Graduate quite likely is a reflection of the education he received before leaving home.

Congrats to both of you.

--Andy Asberry--

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Please include a salute and a well done from a former Combat Engineer officer to this lance corporal.

Reply to
Don Foreman