OT: Today is November 11th - Thank you

It went to the olive address at taft, is that the correct one? Drop me a note at work with your snail mail address so I can double check it with the one I've got. The 'lightspeed' address seems to not get through.

It only went out mid last week, so it could take another few days.

Jim

jim rozen

Yes, but I think the name was already taken. I was a wicked man before I met my wife, God rest her soul...:-)

Reply to
ATP

I really loved that film. It's one reason I went out and bought a shotgun....

Jim

jim rozen

Opposition to an extremist party makes me an anti-semite? Is Haaretz an anti-semitic publication? Of course, we can all see you're not prejudiced against any group/groups.

Has it been that tough for you to get by without Rush?

Reply to
ATP

You've got a little catching up to do, Gunner. Yes, in fact the New York Post is a conservative newspaper. Remember when they ran John Lott's editorial? It wasn't an aberration. It's a tabloid rag written mostly with small words, for old-style authoritarian bottom-feeders who are reading-challenged. For everyone else, it's a joke.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You mean Mary Rosh? It wasn't an aberration. It's a tabloid rag written

You gotta love "Headless Body Found in Topless Bar". The New York Post is a Rupert Murdoch property, so it's really just faux news in print. The Daily News is a milder version of the same.

Reply to
ATP

Yes, a Lott by any other name.

That was a good one, but my favorite comes from a British tabloid -- maybe a Murdoch property -- dating back to the '70s: "Mom Boils Tot."

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

LMAO! Ya gotta cut this out Ed, it's a good thing there's nobody here at work at this hour!!

Jim

jim rozen

Only for a laugh before work. My posts are getting less and less coherent...

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Here's a headline from today's edition:

============================

'TEE' TWIST IN LACI-SLAY ALIBI

Here's the lead (yes, they'd spell it "lede," and they probably wear rumpled suits and fedoras):

November 16, 2003 -- MODESTO, Calif. - Avid golfer Scott Peterson not only told his sister-in-law about his plans to play golf the day he allegedly murdered his pregnant wife and dumped her off his fishing boat - he had a reservation at the course that he never used, The Post has learned.

There it is, folks! You heard it first in the Post. Scott Peterson, described as an "avid golfer" in a revelatory Post exclusive, planned to play golf on the day his wife died, but didn't.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress