OT: will this be you in your "golden" years?

Huh? Stock has never been riskless, period.

Since most of the world uses silver and gold for money, it appears to be the least risky investment, despite the volatility.

I sure wish I'd put some away at $7/oz.

I'll bet you're pissed you didn't hold on to the silver when it went far north of $20...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

IN the novel "Lucifer's Hammer" (Larry Niven Jerry Pournelle) the protagonist buys a Chevy Blazer - on handshake credit - one million dollars.

At the end of the story he paid the debit off fully - with one cow.

Reply to
Richard

Every investment has risks. You can lose land to Eminent Domain, or someone could dump toxic waste on it.

Do you completely trust the "full faith and credit" of the present administration, which blatantly denies that it must be able to pay its bills from its revenues? Our strength no longer rests on our industry, but on the government's power to enforce its will with 'assault rifles'.

Anyone who knows what you have can take it from you by kidnapping your wife or child.

-????? ??????????? ????????????

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

A pleasure to meet you, doctor.

Now, to call the meeting to order. I think we've all had a chance to examine the economy and the state of the nation. We've round general malaise, inability to work, and disregard for the Constitutional regimen the patient should be following. I propose to the committee that we proceed with confining the patient to locked ward. For the inpatient care, we proceed with a constitutional left liberaldectomy, with no anaesthetic. After electoral removal of the cancerous liberal growth, we'll put the patient on a forced regimen of employment, tax reduction, and overall return to constitutional regimen. Do we concur on this, doctors?

. Christ> >> I don't have the data to prove what I am

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well now - "we" may, but congress doesn't let "us" vote on such things. :) Pity...

Reply to
Richard

If this thread is of interest, and you would like more light, and less smoke and heat, see

F. George McDuffee

HAYELL NO!

Indeed. The enormous purchases of tanks, guns, ammo, body bags, caskets, etc. in recent days by Homeland bodes very unwell.

True, but that can happen to anyone/anywhere, when someone just wants anything you have, or what they -think- you have. Armed yet?

Reply to
Larry Jaques