Painting concrete shop walls - color & paint type?

I bought a gallon each of Benjamin Moore Fresh Start primer and Aqua Pearl satin finish top coat, both premium grades, apparently. It will take a few weeks to get the whole shop done as all the stuff on/near the walls will have to be moved. It's a good thing that the electrical outlets and lights are on different circuits. There are quite a few outlets (with conduit) along the wall that will have to be moved to paint.

On close inspection the wall is a little rougher in some spots than I'd thought, so it seems like a good idea to start with one small section and see how well my surface prep works.

Thanks (all) for the advice.

Reply to
Mike Henry

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:52:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com calmly ranted:

that there are two versions of Ott bulbs in case anyone is interested. Ouch, 13w bulb for only $27! 4' full spectrums are only $5 or so in stores. I wonder how they'd differ in use.

Ebay has the true-color Otts for $47.90 + $13.90 s/h (right.)

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ott-Lite lamps are only "Daylight" 5000K lamps with a high Color Rendering Index. Several major manufacturers have lamps with very similar output spectra, for a lot less money - do a little research. You will have to special order them unless you live in a big city, because most distributors only stock the big movers.

And the "Special" Ott fixtures are overpriced for what they are, too. They're selling the brand name at a big premium.

We have a few - bought at garage sales for reasonable prices. ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman