paint color

I've got a friend who is building a P-38 Lightning and is going to leave the skin off of it and just display the frame. He wants to know what color to paint the frame. I suggested a light green as it would resemble zinc chromate, but I'm not sure if that is what is normally done in cases like this.

Reply to
Russ

Typically an olive green or light green/yellow would be the standard color.

Reply to
rcdude07

I'd go for no paint at all. Just bare wood (or metal).

Reply to
Tim Wescott