Repair Lincoln Idealarc

Anyone know where to get a repair manual for a Lincoln Ideal arc 300/300 stick tig machine?
It has five setttings for power. And then a fine adjust knob for power
levels in between. this broke. All it does is full power for each of the five main levels.
As an alternate, anybody know of a deal on a DC stick/tig welder? if i can't fix it, the cost is more than its worth to have a tech. repair it.
Karl
On Fri, 22 May 2015 10:28:22 -0500

Do you have the operators manual? Maybe this:
http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/servicenavigator-public/lincoln3/IM333.pdf
It has a Trouble Shooting section, parts layout and schematic. Not the best copy but I don't know what you already have... If nobody else jumps in I would suggest giving Don a call and see if he wants to come out for supper. You're a bit far away for me to drive over for a look ;-)
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Need more info then, like a model number off it. Calling it an Idealarc is like saying your car is a Chevy ;-)
The one I linked to above is from 1984. For an Idealarc TIG-300/300. Should have a code number on it too I think. That manual was for code 8888 and higher...
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

email me, I'm ready to just trade up.
karltownsend<AT>embarqmail<DOT>com
Karl
emailed

I also have a Miller Maxstar SD for sale

Ig, I sent the link to my son. I'll wait for his advice and then contact you.
I assume what i see is what you got - no leads, foot peddle, tig torch etc.
Karl

FWIW, when I got my Miller Syncrowave from Ig, it had ALL the toys!
Lloyd
On 2015-05-23, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

But they were all shown!

But I'll also bet that in the 'stacks', you have stuff you could use to put together a "package", if someone wanted one! I know hoarders (being one of limited ilk, myself), and I'd be willing to wager there are 'extra' torches, leads, and miscellanea on your shelves.
Lloyd
On 2015-05-23, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

I have torches and leads, but no pedals.

For sure nothing is included if it is not shown.
I also have a Maxstar SD suitcase for sale.

nothing you have trips my trigger, send pics of this if you can.
I need 1 phase unit and know buying the extras can really cost.

Yeah... I got one (of Ig's), and LOVE it. "Old-tech" (NASA-type man-to- the-moon equipment, though just a bit more modern than that), so it's emminently repairable; ALL electro-mechanical,except for the rectifiers. I figure, if it was good enough to put our astronauts into space, it's good enough for the mundane crap I build.
LLoyd
On 2015-05-22, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

You will be fine as long as you do not try to fly into space ;-]
I am glad that you like it!
These welders are truly indestructible.
Gunner Asch wrote:

http://www.potentiometer.com/ is a good resource for pots, including Mil spec.
I tore the machine apart. Pot runs smooth 0 - 12K ohms. Also tested panel/remote switch, its fine.
Other ideas before the scrap man gets it?
Karl
pics here http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/lincoln-idealarc-repair.35668/

Wiggle all the connectors and reseat any socketed ICs.