Slow economy and part time working

Hello friends, I am know to work part time at K-Mart as cashier to make extra money for Christmas. I sell on Ebay also to my main job shop work but things are slow here in Bristol know. SWMBO is selling the Christmas niknaks on Ebay she works all year on them. Many items are getting no bigs at all so I must do to make food for thew tablea. Hope the leaders fixt the ecomomy soon or I may be out on the street soon like a broken Pete Albrecht chucked, misseded and somedays forgottend. I am filed with worried but have faith in the good of mankind and still to make a few dollers in high stakes pool a couple blocks from the county hall where good Feng Shui is flowing. Happy Holidays! Al Babin (taking offers on iso 9000 certified job shop, part time K-Mart cashier, repairing and rebuilting of machiner, maker of custom pool cues and covers, MENSA thinktanks volunteer for charity)

Reply to
Sir Al Babin

Hmm. Relatively few rcm-ers use the Leo McKearnism. This ought to narrow down the identity of the faux-babin.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

You might try mallet riveting.

Reply to
GeorgeD

Leo McKearn? Is that who coined SWMBO? It took me a couple of years to figure out what that was an acronym for. I see some people have it down as coming from some Victorian novels by Henry Haggard. Or maybe from the epic of Gilgamesh!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

It was a "Rumpole of the Bar" line. McKearn played Rumpole in the English TV series. My own particular SHMBO (or, simply "She" for short) enjoyes that a lot, because of her legal background.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

"> Leo McKearn? Is that who coined SWMBO? It took me a couple of years to

Well, I still haven't figured it out. Would someone please be so kind . . . . ?

Bob Sw>> >>

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Leo McKearn stared on "Rumpole of the Bailey" show in US from PBS serial many years go where I grown up in Hells Kitchen area of Bristol, Ct. I'm on the volunteer working for the MENSA charity events today and have to go know. A Babin (iso 9000 certified job shop sale pending, thanks to gunnerman, machineer rebuiting and repairs, custom pool cues & covers)

Reply to
Sir Al Babin

Joel Corwith

Baily, bar. Sam Ting.

LOL.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

SWMBO = "She Who Must Be Obeyed" (i.e., one's wife). It was an expression of an English TV show's main character.

Bill

Reply to
WSG

Reply to
Robert Swinney

Hilda. Her name was Hilda Rumpole.

My own personal "SHE:"

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Actually Rumpole was played by Leo McKern, please note the spelling ;-) Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

Boy I'm batting a thousand this week. Time to ship me off to southington or wherever, and slap a coat of gray paint on me, and plant me in the ground.

The late Leo McKern was a great actor and of course deserves to have his name called out in lights - correctly spelled, of course!

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen