source for t-slot table?

hi!

i am looking for a t-slot table/plate with roughly 36"x12"x2" dimensions. cast iron or steel. does anyone have any tips where to find such a table?

thank you,

-p

Reply to
pixbroker

Whatever you're doing, you are doing it BACKWARDS.

Such a table may not exist. Therefore it would have to be cast/seasoned/milled/ground new, and it would cost maybe $10k. If you have a problem for which you are seeking a solution, maybe you might want to post more about your problem and not how to find something made of unobtainium.

It wouldn't hurt to post your location too.

There are lots of tables around off of old mills, grinders and the like. Why not start looking at sources for old machinery and then trying to use what you find, rather than writing a tight spec and making it virtually impossible?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Look for a dead mill, surface grinder, etc, to get a table from. A friend went to an auction and bought a monsterous old h-mill base for $40. Got a

10' X 2' x 4" slotted table out of that and left the base. The base was set in concrete and I heard that a 20,000lb fork lift tried to jar it loose and only shook the neighborhood. Respectfully, Ron Moore
Reply to
Ron Moore

my location is Los Angeles. i need the table for a home-biud cnc mill and the dimensions i posted are just aprox. - i realize that i won't find a table with these exact dimensions.

i was thinking about a table off an old machine too but haven't found anything usefull online. do you have some links?

thanks,

-p

Reply to
pixbroker

Might be easier to get an old mill (with table) rebuild/recondition it, then add CNC.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Gerber uses a table like that on the cnc routers. Aluminum mostly

Reply to
daniel peterman

Ayup....take a trip down Union Pacific Ave, or Santa Fe street..look over all the back fences of the shops and machine tool dealers at the bone yards in the back..and make em an offer of about $0.1 a pound, if you take the table off the carcass yourself.

Bring Kroil, big hammer, and a radio to listen to KFI while figuring out how to get a table off.

If this fails...drop me an email. You will still have to take it off yourself, when I find you something..or pay me to do it.

Gunner

Gunner Asch