Strange feed arrangement on this South Bend lathe

on things. I might guess this lathe was used for making pool cues or something like that.

Hardinge lathes have a similar scheme from the factory.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

And on my uncles 1887 or so lathe, his power feed.

Here is him finishing off a Green Mountain barrel into a barrel liner on same ancient lathe.

You gotta love his steady rest ;)

Wes

Reply to
Wes