trolling for ideas and a little tool gloat

I'm looking for ways to put my junk to use for very little or no other money. I have:

-3 Peugeot turbo-diesels w/AT;

-2 360 mopars with AT;

-2 Postal jeeps 1 258-AT 1 w/o drivetrain;

-1 dodge 4x4 3/4T PU 400 AT, bad tranny (can't afford to get it rebuilt they want 850;

-2 69 Datsun 1300 PUs 4spds

- a couple of old trailers- one utility w/o deck 6x10 - one old boat trailer which is basically just a pair of channel iron rails with and old axle ( I think maybe an old PU steering axle)

I need a tractor, crawler, or loader, etc., would like any info on home built machines and implements. I do have some rudimentary welding skills, have rebuilt engines, manual trannies, I have a buzzbox compressor, OA torch some minimal shop space and no money (I got hurt OTJ and got screwed by the company), limited physical abilities.

Anyone got any no-buck or low-buck ideas?

Now for my minor gloat. The other day I ran across a guy who gave a very little used 42" snowblade, wheel weights and chains that will fit my yard tractor perfectly. He also gave me an Alaskan Chainsaw mill which is better than the one I didn't have, and might come in handy up here in the mountains some time.

Have a good one ( a beer, day, evening, life, etc.), tHAT

Reply to
tHAT

Many years ago, an aquaintance demonstrated his tractor: Articulated frame made up from stacked channel sections with the cylinder fed from a power steering pump. Truck rear axles with dual wheels at each end got power from a 1.5 litre four banger with standard tranny feeding through another truck tranny and transfer case. With tire chains on all four corners, that little four banger could spin all four wheels when the little beast was tethered to a four foot elm. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

There is a guy here in the valley that took a early '60s vintage jeep and made a similar machine. It's articulated and is a sort of integrated tool carrier. it has a quick-attach front-end with a swappable bucket, snowblower, forks, cement mixer and cherry picker. Fortunately for him, he has a veritable machine shop and ran the local sanitation service and landfill for 20+ years. That gave him the access to a whole barnfull of raw materials, metal, car parts, etc.

I'm pretty much stuck with what I have in the way of material. Metal is hard to come by (we're way out in the boonies) and anyone that has usable scrap keeps it.

I haven't had any luck scrounging hydraulics, other than the PS pumps I already have. Any financial resources that might have been used for such projects is having to be diverted to a new grandchild and my Bus project.

Have a good one, tHAT

Reply to
tHAT

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:55:06 -0700, "tHAT" calmly ranted:

See if you can snap some pics of that and put them in the Dropbox. I'd love to see the setup.

- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. ---

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques