Using JB Weld on a chair?

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:09:07 -0700, pyotr filipivich

I wouldn't trust it in that application.
Geeze, Pete. It's steel, WELD IT! Take a 12-pack over to any welding shop at 4:45pm and the guys will fight to take the job. Piece of cake/duck soup.
--
It is characteristic of all deep human problems that they are
not to be approached without some humor and some bewilderment.

    Does the quality of the beer have any bearing on the quality of the weld?
    Crap, if this had happened last month, I'd have taken it to the weld shop on campus and had one of the students get some practice.
    (Did that years ago in tech school when the saw blade "skewed" and I needed the kerf refilled - in Aluminum.)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:50:15 -0700, pyotr filipivich

It absolutely does. Decent beer gets you a decent job. Rotgut gets you thrown out.

You found out that schools aren't the best places for high-quality work, didja, Pete?
--
There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is

are a people, and not a polyglot boarding house.
07:04:13 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    I'll keep that in mind. (I also know that there is a difference between "inexpensive" and "cheap".)

    Actually it was my saw blade, a thin slitting saw, which somehow had gotten dull on one side. So the sharp side cut nicely, but the other didn't - and it "skewed". I took it over to the guys in the welding program shop, they filled in the kerf - rather nice job, too - and I got a sharp blade for the second attempt. Had to mill off the weld to flush with the face, but "I are Machinist!"
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:09:07 -0700, pyotr filipivich

It'll do the job - for 10 minutes, or a week.
I hace a cracked pintle hitch, should I repair it with JB weld?
message

Did you run out of duct tape?

Duct tape did not help, I need something stronger, JB weld is on my next-to-try list.
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 22:16:01 -0500, Ignoramus32163

Just pull the base off and set the chair on 2 saw horses- - -

JB Weld will be fine when you make a lamp out of the pintle hitch and a lunette ring. I have a collection of lamp base candidates, including a Honda Accord camshaft. -jsw
On Fri, 13 Jun 2014 08:06:00 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Saw ponies for chairs, saw horses for bar stools.
--
There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is

are a people, and not a polyglot boarding house.
"Ignoramus32163" <

Try wrapping it with a copy of your ins. policy.
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 21:20:26 -0500, Ignoramus32163
That or superglue, eh?
--
There is s no such thing as a hyphenated American who is

are a people, and not a polyglot boarding house.

Try it on the toilet seat

    A couple, but I have half the one guy's kit in my shed (the rest is "in storage"). -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."