Using JB Weld on a chair?

If you fix it on the 28th, 29th, or 30th of the month!!!

Reply to
clare

Just pull the base off and set the chair on 2 saw horses- - -

Reply to
clare

You could hang it from the ceiling. Suspended chairs have interesting dynamics. I made a hanging crescent moon like this that was fun to sit on and swing around. Naturally it had to be thoroughly tested before the actress sat on it.

It somehow vanished after the show closed, but I did get to keep part of the "Jackson Pollack" painting.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

JB Weld will be fine when you make a lamp out of the pintle hitch and a lunette ring. I have a collection of lamp base candidates, including a Honda Accord camshaft.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Hey, I thought Ernie was our only prop-maker on RCM.

Whatever for?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It absolutely does. Decent beer gets you a decent job. Rotgut gets you thrown out.

You found out that schools aren't the best places for high-quality work, didja, Pete?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Saw ponies for chairs, saw horses for bar stools.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

JBW for the first sitting. Just -don't- lean over.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Ignoramus32163" <

Try wrapping it with a copy of your ins. policy.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

It was a nearly lifesize imitation of "Convergence" so quartering it didn't give up anything except its awkward original size.

"It was everything that America stood for all rapped up in a messy, but deep package."

Painting it was more like a silly food fight. We restrained ourselves to flinging quips instead of paint.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Larry Jaques on Fri, 13 Jun 2014

07:04:13 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I'll keep that in mind. (I also know that there is a difference between "inexpensive" and "cheap".)

Actually it was my saw blade, a thin slitting saw, which somehow had gotten dull on one side. So the sharp side cut nicely, but the other didn't - and it "skewed". I took it over to the guys in the welding program shop, they filled in the kerf - rather nice job, too - and I got a sharp blade for the second attempt. Had to mill off the weld to flush with the face, but "I are Machinist!"

pyotr filipivich

I rest my case, with you proving it for me. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Fri, 13 Jun 2014 00:24:01 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Hmmm, I got some regular old copper rivets, they might work.

pyotr filipivich

You want pure lead rivets. Super strong, like copper, but better.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques on Mon, 23 Jun 2014

06:31:52 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I don't think so. This chair is going to be out in the open.

Besides, I'm saving the lead for other purposes.

pyotr filipivich