Wedding Rings

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 00:24:26 GMT, Lewis Hartswick calmly ranted:

I remembered your protectiveness well, and you probably noticed my drooling over the old thing. Newer stuff deserves the name "Crapsman" while the old beast doesn't at all.

Will it to me, won't you?

========================================================== CAUTION: Do NOT look directly into laser with remaining eyeball! ==========================================================

Comprehensive Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If I could roll my R's I'd go take a class. I always heard it as porlecito. Got me , they have so many different dialects. If I can't whine I'd have to hunt the previous crews down.

That would be nice , but it won't fly. Triple would be $24 a square foot. If I could just put myself into doing shitty fast jobs I'd be making bucks. I can't see why I can't , might as well everything else is screwed up. Guess you just have to look the customer in the eye and say that looks good to me... even though it doesn't. At the job I'm on now I checked out the walls to tie off the shade and the block wall moves a good inch and the metal fence next to the park moves 6" each way. You should see what the deck crew does to my tile ! No, the last job I had to do a southwest pattern around 4 pilasters and the stucco guy obviously doesn't own a sponge. Royally messed alot of work up on a $100K pool. How do they get payed for that???

Hmmm, long story short. The wives' friends had never camped in their lives and I got drug along and they wanted to leave town at 6:30 pm. I told them it was a bad idea on a Fri. like this weekend. There were no camping sites to be had and I searched/found/payed at a party for a reserved one. There was no way to point the lights where the tents went. Plus these people had a multi-roomed tent with the wrong poles. On top of that they were bitching cause I had too many beers and couldn't improvise fast enough for them while they all basically watched. Not to mention fixing all the other camping problems. LOL like fire... Sis says I should love the sheeple...

BTW, you wouldn't want me to really get on a no holes barred rant. That reminds me I need to look up this old job so I can check it out tomorrow. I hear they decked it and jack hammered it off and now they want me to add on to their abortion. I remember this job, they wanted me to tile around 20' of 2' raised deck with steps that wasn't even there. I hope the customer is off camping cause he won't be a happy camper , but not at me at least.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 20:22:49 -0700, Sunworshipper calmly ranted:

I learned LoCal Spanish from a Spain import. She knew all the nuances--differences between Spain-Spanish and Mexican-Spanish-- and taught us Mexican-Spanish, with hints about Eurospeak. The "b" is pronounced here and the "r" is rolled. 'Poh Brrrray See Toh'

You'll need that in your next sheetmetal class. ;) (metal content)

It'll fly or someone else will do it and you'll get the rest you deserve. If you're as good as you sound, some will pay it. But don't kill yourself for standard pay. When the work load gets too high, raise rates AND charge enormous overtime rates. Rational human beings won't pay it and the few rich folks with no sense and a hurry-up attitude will pay it. But it'll slow down your work load until more rich Yuppies move into the neighborhood. ;)

I can't do that, either. If they want a shitty job, write up a disclaimer paper saying they ordered it that way and make them sign it. It'll help them realize the consequences of their choices.

Did you tell the owner that your work would cost more because of the other guy's poor performance? If not, you need to. It's invariably an unaware client who allows the jerks to get away with shoddy performance.

Love thyself. You allowed yourself to join the herd that weekend. It might have been worth it if you were the only husband on the trip.

Are there _inspectors_ in your state?!? G'luck!

Comprehensive Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's about it. The guys I got the camp site from wanted me to stay and it was really tempting. More like seek elsewhere.

Oh yeah. I got kicked off a job years ago , cause there was no bonding wire from the rebar of the pool to the equipment. I asked the guy what it was for and he said so the pool is grounded for lightning and the lights. :o) Like the pool isn't the most grounded thing on the property ! Plus it doesn't have anything to do with the tile.

It's a joke , they are the ones that screwed up this job. It should have been shot all at once , but the inspector stopped it. Now its weaker and the crack will show up in the tile.

One notorious inspector got abused and the war was on , she doesn't do pools anymore.

Reply to
Sunworshipper