What is it? LXIII

357. Tire Weight Pliers 358. Ice Cube Tray 359. Leg Irons 360. Pin-hole Camera 361. Pneumatic Tube terminal: probably from some store's accounting room 362. Golf tool for divot replacement

    O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again.
357)    Looks like a multi-function tool -- pliers, wire cutter,     hammer, crimper staple extractor, and the long claws perhaps for     tensioning the wire.
358)    Ice cube tray divider -- designed to break free of the ice     cubes when the tray is flexed. (Some had a lever to break it     all free, but this one appears to not be so equipped.
359)    Hmm ... looks kind of like some really ancient handcuffs     that I have seen (a screw reaches in the larger round piece to     disengage from the other half). But at 3" total I'm not sure     that it is large enough -- in which case it might be part of a     hobble for a horse?
360)    Optical, for sure. I can see two possible functions:
    a)    As a microscope -- with that tiny a hole, the eye         should be able to focus on the pin head.
    b)    As a projector -- a bright light placed near the         open end should project the image of the pin head onto a         flat surface.
361)    An annunciator panel. A push-button somewhere else will cause     a buzzing sound at the panel, and the flappers with the numbers     will drop to a horizontal position.
    Interesting that the numbers from 1 through 6 are duplicated in     a larger size -- perhaps greater importance?
    Hmm -- the holes under each one suggest that this is really a     simple phone switchboard -- perhaps for a hotel or something     similar. And I *think* that when the flappers are dropped, they     close contacts to keep making a buzzing sound until they are     reset. The holes are the jacks for patch cables to connect from     one to the next.
    In that case, the six at the bottom are perhaps outside lines,     to annunciate incoming calls? But where are the jacks for     those -- somewhere outside the borders of what is shown?
362)    Hmm -- T&B is (among other things) a manufacturer of crimp     connectors. But I don't think that this one has anything to do     with crimp connectors. It looks rather like a tool for bending     armatures in relays -- but it might be yet another tool for     typewriter repair.
    Now to see what others have posted.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
Multi-purpose pliers.
Ice cube tray
Handle for something
Homemade hashish pipe
Mailboxes
Thingy for something
JohnM wrote:

I want to change my first answer to farrier's tool.
357. Cobbler's tool 358. Aluminium ice cube mould 359. Handcuffs - probably Victorian or earlier 360. Height measurement using proportional trigonometry 361. Shot firing device used in quarrying, mining or demolition?
--
Roy Dennis
www.deepingsnews.org.uk
Roy Dennis wrote:

A Tool for Adjusting The louvers on HVAC Duct registers--(outlets)

I am guessing the first one has something to do with boot making???????????
--
Di Maloney
Victoria Australia

Possibly HVAC systems, for adjusting dampers.
result in a fully-depreciated one.

find
I think that this is probably correct but I still haven't been able to confirm it yet.