Subject Author Posted Replies

Copying an eccentric bushing
I'm trying to repair a partly stripped spare headstock for a South Bend Heavy 10, as shown on page 2 of this: I haven't figured out how to make the back gear lever K+J, which moves the...
7
7

What is it? Set 494
Just posted this week's set: Rob
25
25

Test fired 2nd AR-15
Stopped by the local gun shop yesterday, they had 24 AR-15 stripped lowers for $150 total, including taxes, so I bought one. Picked it up today after my waiting period, put enough parts in to get it...
52
52

How to remove an underslung bridge crane
This bridge crane is a 2 ton, 15' span bridge crane that is underslung, meaning that it rides under the I-beams comprising its runway. I bought it at an auction with the electrified runway. And I am...
18
18

Any suggestions on a property issue?
My house..and the empty lot next door. I am in negotiations with the owner to purchase the empty lot. However...it would appear that in 2011 I pissed off a fellow down the street over a dog...
110
110

How 'bout That !
I was about to post asking for a refresher on the calcs to cut a gear with my rotary table . Then I saw a box

slitting spring bronze
Ok, 'solutions guys'... I have some 0.010" phosphor bronze (spring temper) in rolls 6" wide x 80" long. I need to cleanly slit some 3/8" strips x 80" from this without any edge distortion. We tried...
106
106

Bought a very interesting table
Actually a couple of them, here are some pictures. Called pneumatic assembyl tables. I have not yet picked them up, but they seem to have a pneumatic function to pop up those balls to roll heavy items...
22
22

Looking for 0-12" depth mic
Checked Ebay..none found Anyone have a decent one for sale?
14
14

Slightly OT: Rotton wood in concrete
Problem: Old wood post, bedded in concrete. I need to replace the post. Is there any way to do this that's easier than breaking up the concrete and replacing the whole mess? Putting a metal foot on...
30
30

Free shipping code for Enco?
Thanks, Bob
3
3

Grinding jaws of a 3 jaw chuck to run true
I am trying to finish up some unfinished business with my Clausing 6913 lathe. This is my question #2. I have a three jaw chuck on it, and while the outside of the chuck is relatively true (as seen...
15
15

Do I need coolant on a "shop use" lathe?
I am trying to finish up some unfinished business with my Clausing 6913 lathe. This is my question #1. Do I really need to set up a coolant system on it? I have plenty of parts and bits for it, it...
15
15

Endless lathe chips (re-adjusted the clutch on a Clausing 6913 lathe)
I finally got around and re-adjusted the clutch on the Clausing 6913 lathe. (13x48). The clutch was previously slipping and I could only make the lightest of cuts. Now, the clutch no longer slips when...
53
53

Oddball die wanted
I am looking for an oddball size dienut-9/16"-28. Can anyone direct me to a source or perhaps someone who will custom make a dienut this size? It will be used for cleaning up existing threads, not...
71
71