Subject Author Posted Replies

Any way to straighten 1/8" SCH 80 SS 304 pipe?
Hi, I have a 48" length of pipe NPT on both ends and am wondering if there is any way to straighten it out? The bends are of a small angle and can only be seen when rolled across a level surface. I...
3
3

What's your favorite non-nitric acid passivating method?
Just got done noodling methods of getting rid of iron on the surface of a stainless steel sculpture. It had been erroneously polished with a steel wire wheel and now it rusts when you throw some water...
10
10

U3--X
4
4

Dropbox Posting
Just a little doodad. sander.txt and the accociated jpgs. JR Dweller inb the cellar -------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page: If you're not the lead dog, the view never...
7
7

Stumbled across these YouTubes
about the shrunken Bridgy at 3:28! Young Park's stunning scratch built Corsair and P51 at 4:00! that is Focus and dedication! --Winston

End Mill regrinding
I am slightly confused. Please forgive me. Are "tool and cutter grinders" used to sharpen spiral fluted endmills? i
7
7

15 degree wrench jaw angle?
We make (LASER cut) a simple wrench for a client. I have no idea why he doesn't buy something off the rack. It's about 10" long with 1-1/4" opening for the nut or bolt and the opening is parallel to...
3
3

You guys are a bad influence
Today I decided I needed a short piece of aluminum tube to modify a prototype... I didn't have any so I made a piece. Geez.
12
12

Todays metalworking
Today I needed to make an extended nut with a tee handle to screw a compresson fitting to a product we make to pressurize it and do a leak test. Our old line has a compression fitting nut that looks...
1
1

OT: deepwater horizon links from LA forums
Might be interesting, might not. Bumped into a link to bayoushooting from a elist I am on. That last link is interesting. Someone was sport fishing near the rig. ?t=35745?t=171Wes

Do I have OCD? Metal related
OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Doing a repair on a 1 Hp Dayton electric motor (metal related), thermally protected. Runs my cement mixer. This is the motor that got under water for about 5 months...
7
7

HF website worse than just unsecure
Geez...the search engine SUCKS. Do a search for 'lathe' from the home page. JR Dweller in the cellar
6
6

OSHA?
Quick question - What companies are regulated by OSHA? I'm sitting here watching John's Landscaping Contracting, Inc. do my neighbors yard. Forget for the moment that they are using five people with...
13
13

3 gal pancake compressor upgrade
think Wayne's compressor hombuilt might power my air wrench. Wayne's Fixit Shop Air Compressor
4
4

floating tool holder - can we actually talk about metal working
while the 99% scream about politics, can the three remaining people who remember anything about metal and working chime in here? I use a chucking reamer to make accurate holes after drilling them on...
35
35