Subject Author Posted Replies

Semi On Topic: Heating my shop
I built a small room inside my garage that I could afford to heat electrically. My needs require a programmable thermostat. Since I'm using electric heat, I need a line voltage model. That changes...
24
24

Quicky Belt Change
What a way to win a bet!
27
27

The plot sickens
Watched the video of the launch of the balloon yesterday where they thought the boy was inside. Many things: Anyone with the powers of observation can see the balloon is barely lifting the plywood...
8
8

Thread On Old Lightning Rod
OK, it's really about the thread *inside* an old lightning rod. The device in question is a 3-bladed spike that was part of a lightning arrestor system off an old house. The thread is an odd size...
15
15

TdeG chuck question
I recently bought an Astra Meca semi-universal dividing head, which came with a 3-jaw T de G chuck on it. There's a picture here: 'd quite like to get some outside jaws for this chuck, but other than...
6
6

Harbor Freight tubing roller
Anyone ever use one of these, it looks like a English wheel type roller that slowly puts a bend in thin wall tubing, you can adjust the amount of bend. Looks like a good design but I would like to...
2
2

Free Flashlight Coupon
the coupon may not be reproduced. But, likely the store clerks won't read the fine print. Free flashlight. http://www.ifcba.com/images/htf/65458/coupon22.html
7
7

Upcoming Rock Island Arsenal sale
I will not go this year... Some fun marvels avaiolable for yer perusal Auctions - Hilpipre Auction Company
8
8

semi-OT: Weird thermostat?
Awl -- A perhaps inneresting electrical teaser: I've got a chronothermIII thermostat on a gas furnace. I found the two wires for the furnace (as opposed to the two wires for the A/C), and observed...
3
3

Milling flats on steel shafts
Hi, I was doing fine using an el cheapo 2 flute 3/4" TiN coated EM but can now detect tool wear (onset of loud chattering) after milling about 25 shafts. Using "Tap Ease crayons" as lubricant. Since...
9
9

quick pix and site "up" for iggy "neon test light"
hi iggy, see the tiny thing here, lit and unlit, closeups of it and and all :-) THANKS again all you guys "this compressor motor thing might YET get fixed" toolie :-)
2
2

Grinder rebuild update (Joe Gwinn?)
I have replaced the old bearings with new double sealed ones from McMaster. (made me very glad to have this 12 ton arbor press). After reassembly, but without any wheels mounted, the grinder runs very...
2
2

Blew up my logsplitter
Apparently, the Barnes 11GPM two stage pumps can pump a decent dead head. The limiter valve stuck in the spool valve and the pump bent a 1/2" thick stop plate, buttressed with 1/2" side plates at each...
4
4

surogate cat mom
My wife is a PKT, that's a professional kitten tamer for those of you that don't know. Those with a good memory may remember that two of our mom cats put their litters together and tag teamed the...
33
33

Looking for Gasboy Model 620 pump parts
Several years ago I spent extra dollars to get the best fuel pump that I could find; a hi-flow Gasboy for pumping fuel into the airplane. I was not happy when it failed last Sunday. I opened it up and...
5
5