Subject Author Posted Replies

Punch blanks
Brought home a few punch blanks, or raw materials, which are little round things the size of various rifle cartridges. They are made from some wonder steel, as I discovered when I tried putting one in...
8
8

Dead die
I have been using a Mastercraft 6-32 die to cut thread on a 1/8 welding rod to use (a small section of) as a gnomon for a miniature sundial. No problems. Today I had the bright idea to use a diamond...
12
12

Made a little brake die from some scrap laying around
to bend metal fine. One photo shows a bent metal bar.

Clausing 5914 chatter -- update 2
Well, I measured the dovetails on the cross-slide, and they seem pretty good, no more than a thousandth of wear on the male slide on the carriage. The gib is visibly worn. While I had the cross-slide...
4
4

Lincoln Tig 300 problems
I picked up a Lincoln tig 300 square wave machine a couple weeks ago. Code 9298-ff The guy claimed that the power couldnt be dialed down to anything less than about 150 amps. Ive receipts for a number...
18
18

Reall good

FS: Raycon sinker EDM
I have a chance to buy a CNC sinker EDM. I don't need two, so my Raycon will be surplus to my needs. The biggest feature I'll miss is this unit is set up to use both graphite and copper electrodes. I...

Tool gloat
Went yard saling today. Three pairs of new welding gloves. A new hard hat. Two Stearns fishing vests. A Crescent spud wrench. A 7" Milwaukee grinder. Some hefty chisels. A MONDO screwdriver. A new...
9
9

fs: bandsaw blades anyone?
I have quite a pile (several dozen) bandsaw blades 3/4 inch 11ft 6 inches long, 8 tpi, Raker set, as shown in the ebay auction below. If you would like some go to my web site and find my email and...

Looking for used mill
I have a friend looking for a used Bridgeport vertical mill or something similar. Fargo, ND area or within reasonable distance, 500 miles for the right machine. No junk, must be useable. Greg
3
3

Abene miller
As I mentioned some time in the past, I wound up with an Abene miller. The shop finally released it to me, and since I couldnt get it over the mountain and home, I put it in a friends machine shop....
4
4

Diamond tools
In a pile of discarded punch blanks, I found a few "diamond tools". These are relatively short round shanks, roughly 1/2x2 inch, with a ~2mm diamond embedded in the end. I know that these are useful...
8
8

Electricital question
I want to run a stun gun arc from the box about 25 feet. What would be the best wire to use? I want to use a two wire combo that is within one sheath, like a light cord. For that high voltage, should...
17
17

Identifying axle
Is there a way to identify the pundage rating on one? I am going to an auction and saw they have one with the bubs and everythign on it. The spring centers are 6 feet. But how can I tell the poundage...
7
7

Steel wire carrying twelve volts ?
  Could I have some advice please.   I need to get a twelve volt, 1/2 amp supply five hundred metres up a hill. I do have a fence a metre high made from wooden posts and seven runs of Num eight (4...
75
75