Subject Author Posted Replies

Are Prices Going Up For Metalworking Goods?
Lead and brass prices continue to rise rapidly. A box of 500 bullets that cost me $40.99 last summer is now about $63. Factory ammo with brass cases has similarly escalated, and doesn't seem to be...
10
10

Wiring Ooooops
Duh...not sure what these guys were thinking doing this without a safety plan.
2
2

hydraulics; leaking?
I recently obtained a 2nd-hand wesco hydraulic lift. I was warned by the owner that it must be kept vertical, otherwise the hydraulic fluid would leak out? But-- on long trips to wherever it is that I...
2
2

Need a bridge?
Just when you thought you had seen it all for sale on the Internet.... http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/626583859.html
7
7

Question Regarding Welding of Dissimilar Materials
I need to weld two materials together but can not use glue or any type of surface preparation. We have Vinyl extrusion that needs to be welded to a Titanium form for use in a medical application. The...
13
13

weight capacity for dodge minivan axles
Does anyone know the weight capacity for the spindles/hubs of the rear of a dodge minivan. I am building a trailer. Are they equivalent to the common 1750 lbs spindle/hubs made for utility trailers?
5
5

pipe benders for aluminum
How do the cheap pipe benders work on schedule 40 aluminum pipe?
10
10

Airbus Structure
Hello, I konw this might not be the best group to ask but I would like to konw where I could find more detail information about the airbus A380 or A330 structure and manufacturing? if anyone could...
4
4

Stainless steel strength equivalence to soft aluminum?
The metal I'm most used to working with is the soft aluminum flat bar from the local hardware Borg. Using a 1/8" (thick) x 3/4" (wide) x 3" (long) piece of that soft aluminum. Make a U shape out of...
4
4

Beryllium copper spring strip - need source
I'm looking for a source of Beryllium copper flat spring metal strip to repair a broken toaster oven electrical contact with. It needs to be about .012" thick by 1/4" wide ( or a flat sheet will do )....
7
7

Ebay Kearney & Trecker Vertical Mill
I don't have any connection to this seller. It just seemed like a good deal if someone was looking. Jesse

Aiming cannons
--Minor page update with deets of my weird solution. Would be eager to hear of better ways to solve the problem.
10
10

The Eagle has landed
Hello all, It is on the stand, though I will have to juggle some bolts later. Lathe and owner are both uninjured. I will tell you more about it after a beer and some sleep. Thanks to all for...
3
3

Guitar neck slots ?
Hi , I have an odd question . I have an aluminum guitar neck that has been cut for frets and they cut the slots in the wrong place . The slots are quite shallow . The neck was later cut properly and...
16
16

9/16-24 UNEF bolt or plug source?
I can't find one in an internet search. They must be out there. I am going to have to make one. I want steel, it is for a high pressure gas regulator. TIA
2
2