BMS prices

I know material has gone up, reportedly because China is buying it all, but I'm amazed at the recent price of 80mm x 6mm flat BMS. Granted I'm only used to buying round bar, but nearly £20inc vat for a 3 metre length hurts........ or is it me !!! ( from Parkside and Acton Bright) Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Well for me it went up 60% within 6 months 2 years ago. Not dropped by that much since though :(

Just recently I'm buying a fair bit of Brass and thats a killer. Stainless is almost as bad too. 3m of 7/8" 316 cost me 66 quid last week, would of been cheaper with a larger order, but thats all I needed.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

My last visit, about a month, to the scrappy got me £1.19 a kilo.

Mart>> I know material has gone up, reportedly because China is buying it all,

Reply to
campingstoveman

That's about the same price per kg as I paid for a 55kg lump of black, hardened and tempered EN24 and 60% of what I paid for a full length of the same stuff in the same condition but 1-1/4" bright round. So I'd say that he was probably paying over the odds, but only because of the small order. It'd probably be a lot cheaper for all of us if we were buying more than a few kg at a time.

Note to self, must ask Macreadys where their discounts kick in.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Doesn't sound too bad for a one-shot purchase. If you can get a regular buyer to include it in their weekly shipment it would probably be a fair bit less.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Just rang up local supplier, a nationwide supplier: to supply 3 metres with cutting and surcharge, price close to 6m length price.

6m length cost without discount £19.62 inclusive of GST

Maybe your supplier follows a similar pricing regime?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Buying or selling?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

selling

Reply to
campingstoveman

Very tempting, fancy letting on who they are? I need 32 metres next week

Reply to
Emimec

No worries Fletcher Steel Ltd

1100 Omahu Rd Hastings Ph 873 9036

Of course shipping may push the price up a trifle...:-)

Tom n NZ

Reply to
Tom

I asked for that didnt I, one day I'll learn about this newsgroup

Reply to
Emimec

Who? :-)

Nick