Bridgeport quill spring repair

Anyone got a manual for Bridgeport mill, or know how to get at the quill return spring to repair or replace. Picture would possibly help. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

--If you get it right please post the trick! I've got a new quill spring; I've installed it *4* times but every time it's failed to stay attached, despite reading the manual. Sorry it's been a while and I've lost the instructions. Talked to a Bridgeport repair guy over the phone, followed his recommendations (something about the spring sometimes being bent too severely in the middle and a bit of un-bending should solve the problem) but that didn't work either. I'm using a bungee cord now. Sigh.

Reply to
steamer

I've scanned the page from my manual and placed it here

. It did it some years back and it was quite straightforward.

Reply to
David Billington

Many thanks. I cant seem to see anything though on the link ? Bob

Reply to
Emimec

False alarm, got it now Thanks bob

Reply to