Bridgeport quill spring repair

Anyone got a manual for Bridgeport mill, or know how to get at the quill return spring to repair or replace. Picture would possibly help.
Bob
    --If you get it right please post the trick! I've got a new quill spring; I've installed it *4* times but every time it's failed to stay attached, despite reading the manual. Sorry it's been a while and I've lost the instructions. Talked to a Bridgeport repair guy over the phone, followed his recommendations (something about the spring sometimes being bent too severely in the middle and a bit of un-bending should solve the problem) but that didn't work either. I'm using a bungee cord now. Sigh.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!
Emimec wrote:

I've scanned the page from my manual and placed it here
http://www.metal-arts.co.uk/temp/spring_repair.jpg . It did it some years back and it was quite straightforward.

Many thanks. I cant seem to see anything though on the link ? Bob

False alarm, got it now Thanks bob
On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 17:01:28 +0100, "Emimec"

The manual is downloadable here: http://www.truetex.com/bridgeport-manual.pdf
Richard

Site Timeline

  • - the site's newest thread. Posted in