FS: Stationary engine stuff and model railway

Hi folks,

I have several items in need of new homes. I have too many machines in my parents' barn, and with the possibility that I may be going to work in Germany this year, I need to rationalise my collection. The following are available:

  • Manus milking set suitable for a stationary engine. Big cast iron vacuum pump, painted green. Two churns, pipework, gauges, rubber and glass parts. The pump is in excellent condition. Most of the rubbers need replacing. As far as I know it's complete. It's like this milking pump, except that mine has the original churns:
  • Petter A1 engine. Bought this but never got it running. Turns over. Original condition. Not a lot of paint remaining, but rust is superficial. Magneto and fuel tank currently removed, but I would be happy to refit these. Don't think it would be a difficult restoration. Perhaps good for someone seeking a first engine?

  • 00 gauge electric model railway from the 1970s or '80s. The solid, heavy base board is at least 6' x 4', maybe bigger. Something like 7 locomotives and maybe 50 carriages and wagons. Variable power supply. A lot of the paper buildings on the layout are damaged and dusty. These need replacing. The track will also need thouroughly cleaning. The locomotives and rolling stock are in better condition, although some show minor damage and peeling transfers.

I'm not looking for a lot of money for these, but I'd like them to find good homes (that is, not people seeking scrap metal or engines for parts!). I can take pictures for interested people, or we can talk on the phone. The items are in Edgmond, Shropshire.

Please send me an e-mail (cdt22 AT cantab DOT net) if you're interested.

Good wishes for the New Year!

Chris Tidy

Reply to
Christopher Tidy