Hysol cutting fluid

I'm using Castrol Hysol Excel cutting fluid as it is universally applicable across most metals and most processes (turning, milling and grinding).

Just come to re-order another 20 litre drum to get heart stopping prices ranging from £95 upwards. Anyone know of supplies at a more reasonable price?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

The only way I've found it at sensible prices is to wait until J&L have it on offer.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

It's semi-synthetic and *full* of clever additives. Such things don't come cheap.

Reply to
newshound

Cheaper if you're a large customer and get 40% discount...

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

J&L have it at £89.95 at the moment ;-)

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards

They now have one less - I bit the bullet last night and ordered a drum!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Presuambly with the 40% saving you could spend it on sticky buns/beer/cow pie to make you an even larger customer...

But even at the full price it seems a bargain, 20 litres makes up many hundreds of litres of usable solution.

Reply to
The Other Mike

message

milling and

stopping

Believe me it goes nowhere (because it goes everywhere!). Seriously though even at 5% the 400 litres produced isn't much spread between the CNC mill, conventional mill, lathe, pedestal grinder, surface grinder, cylindrical grinder, chop off saw and donkey saw.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...> On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 22:38:4=

7 +0000, Mark Rand

I machine with straight oiland get through 100 litres PA, so it does go somewhere!

Reply to
Drawfiler